Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2002 1:33:05 PM EDT
We bought some of the 12"x12" self adhesive linoleum squares and am getting ready to install them now.  The box says that it is ok to install them over the existing linoleum floor.  Has anyone else ever done this?

Do the tiles stick when you follow the instructions to strip and clean the floor before adhering the new squares?  Or do I need to start from scratch and rip up the existing floor?  Anything else I should know that wouldn't be listed on the box?  

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Start in the center of the floor, and work outward. Then trim to fit, at the walls.
DO NOT START AT THE EDGE OF A WALL OR DOORWAY!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
i ripped out the old shitty squares but didn't scrape the pavement smooth.

there was still some dark brown crap on the floor.  but the good thing about it was that you could still see the position of the old tiles. so i just stuck the new stuff where the old stuff was.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top