Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 3:31:29 PM EDT
Has anyone else had the same bad experiance with Excite's e mail system recently?  Several weeks ago they underwent some extensive changes and ever since my e mail had been non functional.  I cant begin to even think how much time and aggravation this has caused me and Im going to have to change to another provider which is not so bad except that I cant access my old address book at Excite and I have lost thousands of  important e mails in the process both new and archived!  I am thinking of switching to free e mail through Yahoo anyone have any feedback on thier service?

excite[frag]

thanks for listening

Tim
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
They said they should get everything migrated.  This, of course, is due to Excite going under, and AT&T taking it over.  After a few days of not being able to get in, I could get in, but my emails were gone.  Now they're back.  Not sure about the address book.  I don't use it too much, it's a backup for me.  Give it some patience, you should be able to get to your stuff eventually.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I know several people satisfied with Yahoo's service, but considering your "team member" status there's also the mail.ar15.com option.  With a roomy 10 megs of space, I've found it to be great.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Dragunov said it.

I have good days and bad days on excite. Although, I don't check my e-mail on that site daily (secondary e-mail)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top