Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2002 4:48:07 AM EDT
Recently, I have been having problems with kids in the neighborhood egging my house. What I want to get is a night vision sight so that I can do quick surveillances of the areas around my house at night. I just need the sights to spot a person (in the street or in the woods in my backyard). I know nothing about these sights. How long do they usually last and what can I expect to pay for them? Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:08:21 AM EDT
I wish I could help on the nightvision. But I do think motion lights or a dog would be cheaper. -Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:12:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kin: Recently, I have been having problems with kids in the neighborhood egging my house. What I want to get is a night vision sight so that I can do quick surveillances of the areas around my house at night. I just need the sights to spot a person (in the street or in the woods in my backyard). I know nothing about these sights. How long do they usually last and what can I expect to pay for them? Any recommendations?
View Quote
For a good one, Gen III 64lp about $4500. [smoke]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:40:32 AM EDT
Velveeta is right on. Also, didn't G. Gordon Liddy spend a couple of nights on the roof of his house under similar circumstances (refer to "Will")? However, if you're set on NV, how about some of those Gen 1 or 2 Russian binoculars? They work OK, are fairly cheap (+/- $400) and assuming you're in a neighborhood, there should be PLENTY of ambient light.
Top Top