Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/4/2001 3:00:03 PM EDT
I used my Benchmade to field dress, skin, and quarter a deer this morning. It worked great but now there is a problem with it. The blade was really tight. I rinsed it off well after using it but must have gotten some blood in the hinge. After a good soak in hot water and blowing it out with compressed air it was still tight. So I took it apart and did a very thorough cleaning and re-assembled it. With the hinge screw tightened down snug it was still too tight to flip open. With the hinge screw backed off just a tad shy of snug it works perfectly but I am reluctant to carry it with the hinge screw not snugged down. Should I put a dab of blue Locktite on the screw and then adjust it to the right tension? Or is there something I am missing? This is a liner lock model with the titanium liners by Elishewitz.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:29:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:42:02 PM EDT
There is no nut. The adjustment screw goes into an aluminum pivot with a blind hole. The pivot has a flat side so that it will not turn in the liners and the blade pivots on this aluminum piece.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:27:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:47:28 PM EDT
Troy is right, the Benchmade will not fail with the screw backed off a bit. Thats what I had to do with my Pinnacle, works just fine and Ive had it that way for almost 3 years, and I beat the hell out of that knife.
Top Top