Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2001 5:34:42 PM EDT
Have you guys noticed that the delivery times are extremely varied now?  I sent a package by priority and it arrived across the country in 2 days. I sent another package, it has taken over a week to go across the state.  UPS has gotten really slow for some packages and others have zipped in.  I missed the days when mail was safe and reliable!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
23 days for Priority Mail fro Georgia to Hawaii.  Normally 3-4days.

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I placed an order with Wolff Gunsprings in PA the 23rd of Oct. and one with Tapco in FL on the 24th.  Wolff order arrived 2 days ago, have'nt seen anything out of the Tapco order.  I live in AR so there's not really that much difference in distance.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah i a member of netflix and its been taking a week on average to get my movies to and from them [:(] ussaly takes a day or to
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
To say the least... I mailed two packages off Priority mail, both showed up 5 days later. One city was only 8hrs from me.
I mailed my morgage check off 15 days ago and got a call from the bank asking WTF my payment was.
*sigh*
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
A friend mailed a letter from NY to me in Nevada.
It took eight days.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't sent anything personally with priority mail in recent memory, but my neighbor has.  It took her more than 10 days to get a priority mail package from L.A. to Washington DC.  In '96 my wife mailed a package during Dec. from L.A.,CA to Dallas, TX and it took 10 days.  I think the rule is send it just plain ordinary 1st class, it will probably get there sooner.  Aslo I have been getting SENT 1st class mail mixed-up in my mom's weekly advertisements at her home, of course I send along.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:28:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I send weeky mail.  It has always taken 3 days(unless some stupid govt holiday).   For the past three weeks it has taken 7 days each time.  Get used to it.  Once they have to irradiate, and whatever else they are going to be doing, it will get even slower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top