Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 11:01:18 AM EDT
I grew up in the country, loved to hunt and shoot, became a hippy/fauxpeacenik around 1975, sexdrugsrocknrollgunsrbadleftist, now back to my roots.
If I could change any of my past, I would.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome back to the light side, many have crossed to the dark side, but few return.  The force is strong with you [:D]
Ice
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I grew up to be a leftist, thinking the world owed me somthing.  Once I was out in the real world and was profiting from my own hard work and skills, I became a conservative, which has really only been in the last 6 years.  I'm a 20 something GenXer with very pro-gun and moderate to right-wing views.  I believe in personal responsibility and all the freedoms described in the Bill of Rights.

I wouldn't worry about your past.  There are tons of mistakes I'd love to change about my past, but I wouldn't have learned form them if I hadn't made them.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I grew up to be a leftist, thinking the world owed me somthing.  Once I was out in the real world and was profiting from my own hard work and skills, I became a conservative, which has really only been in the last 6 years.  I'm a 20 something GenXer with very pro-gun and moderate to right-wing views.  I believe in personal responsibility and all the freedoms described in the Bill of Rights.

[red]I wouldn't worry about your past.  There are tons of mistakes I'd love to change about my past, but I wouldn't have learned form them if I hadn't made them.[/red]

God Bless Texas
View Quote

Exactly,  I value my bad experinces and mistakes, I don't repeat them.  But if I knew then what I know now, well.................
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Exactly,  I value my bad experinces and mistakes, I don't repeat them.  But if I knew then what I know now, well.................
View Quote

A guy could make a whole bunch of new mistakes.

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I made as many mistakes in the past as anyone, but I wouldn't change anything. You are what you are today because of ALL the things you did during your life. You made choices based on the circumstances and situations of the time. Learn from the past, don't try to change it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I just know I'd have more ARs and 1911s.
[>Q]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#7]
We were young and stupid once....
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just know I'd have more ARs and 1911s.
[>Q]
View Quote

ahhh, you fool!

I wasn't old enough to buy guns before(or after) the ban. I guess even the most conservative people go through a liberal phase of some kind. It's just part of growing up. I grew up with guns and have had one since my father gave me my first 22 rifle when I was 9.
The farthest i went to the left was thinking that the NICS check was a good idea. What the hell was I thinking? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanx DVD, and all you guys.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Welcome brother...  [:)]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=62275[/url]
View Quote

Man, you really used to suck! [BD]
But you seem like a cool guy now and you got nice toys.  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I was raised in a conservative, Christian gun-friendly home.

My dad taught me to shoot, and to respect guns.

Never really went on a wild streak, or sowed my wild oats, but kinda burned out on my parents political orientation.

I was ALWAYS conservative in my politics, just not vocal. Didn't really go hog wild on guns.

UNTIL....

I witnessed Bill Clinton lie boldfaced to me re: the Monica lewinsky thang. The sex REALLY did not bother me - they ALL do that. The LIE is what bothered me. That THE leader of the free world could LIE to me with impugnity....it was then that I knew the world was NOT a friendly place. And pols could NOT be trusted.

Since that time, I've become MUCH more vocal politically, even writing columns for several different newspapers at different times.

And the gun collection?? Well, let's just say its "respectable" for an eight year old collection.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I grew up to be a leftist, thinking the world owed me somthing.  Once I was out in the real world and was profiting from my own hard work and skills, I became a conservative, which has really only been in the last 6 years.  God Bless Texas
View Quote

My favorite quote re: the above, made by a former boss of mine....

"The more money I make, the more Republican I vote."

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I still like sex and rock and roll.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Absolutely, kikomax.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Earlier,

I used to be a liberal too.  My parents were both school teachers (fiscally liberal, socially moderate).  They often voted democrat.

When I got my first real engineering job, I was shocked the see half of my paycheck going to taxes.  Secondly, I got tired of stupid democrats attacking guns.  Don't they ever read the Constitution?  I learned to hate affirmative action when I was refused a government job just because I am a white male.  
The final straw came when I found out how much my alcoholic/ drug addict/ deadbeat neighbor received each month from welfare.

Even though I voted for Clinton twice, I will never support the bullshit democrats again. (Two terms for GW!)

Live Free
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top