Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 4:51:12 PM EDT
Do you think that airport security should be run by the government or private industry?
Government : 62%  
Private Industry : 19%  
CCW With Training : 19%  

I find the numbers here odd.  I would have thought that there were many more on this site that feel the less government involvement the better.  But I guess you have to look at how private industry has been doing up to this point.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I must have missed something with all the uproar over airport security.  It is my understanding that at the time box cutters and knives were legal to carry on board and thus no existing policies were circumvented and security people did their job.  If that is true, how did airport security fail?  Someone correct me if I am wrong about the legality of the knives, etc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, I work private security putting my ass through college.
The main reason I do it is becasue I get 8 hours of down time to do homework (Guarding construction sites and the like)

I can tell you that Private Security Guards are not exactly highly trained individuals.
One of my co-workers has Down Syndrome (I'm not kidding)
One is an alcaholic, who has never done anything in his life.
The supervisior is a coccaine addict, who does blow off the dash of his company issued security car.
I really really can't adequatley explain how absolutley LOSER! these people are.

Would I entrust them to stop a dedicated Terrorist attack?
Dude, I wouldn't trust them to watch a gumball machine.

Government has it's role.
One of them is domestic security (It's the way it is). With the current events, we need highly trained individuals protecting airports. Not guys who can't succeed in this life, so the choose security work.

I got 1 year to go in that job...
I can't wait to depart.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
"Dude, I work private security putting my ass through college.
The main reason I do it is becasue I get 8 hours of down time to do homework (Guarding construction sites and the like)"

Me to,makes life more easy if you can have the time to study.
But there are some dumb a$$ people in security,in about a year I coud be running this outfit if I gave a damn[;D]

(Don't call me no mall ninja[:(!])

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top