Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2001 4:46:43 PM EDT
1st post here [8)] so please be gentle. I need advice on my Christmas Present. I have 4 SKS's in all sorts or stocks, a Winchester 70 heavy barreled .308 and having an M1A put together. I want one of these rifles that shoot that cute little 55 grain bullet [;)]
After much research I have come down two 2 rifles. I want at least a 20inch Bull Barrel, flat top and no sites. So which one? Olympic PCR8 or the Bushmaster V-Match 20-24 FLTD [:\]
If I had the buck now I would pop for the Sendra that General Hampton is selling here for $850.00, that is a great looking rifle [8D]

Thanks for the input in advance

Karsten
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If I was to choose between the two I would opt for the Bushmaster, but I own neither one.  From what I've seen from those two specific mfg's, BM's customer service is better, though by no means stellar, and BM IMO makes a better product.  That's my .02 anyway.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome Karsten,

I have to admit I am biased toward Bushmaster. I've had nothing but good luck with mine and I do prefer the quality of Bushmaster over Olympic. Not only can you shoot those cute little 55 grainers but you can shoot those beautiful 60 and 69 grainers too! If you choose a faster twist [1 in 8] you can also shoot heavier 77 and 80 grain bullets as well. Good luck with your purchase!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top