Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2001 6:07:53 PM EDT
i work with this black girl who is deeply religous. (and i'm not). occasionally she will try and "preach to me" . so today we were debating and she tells me that adam and eve were black. so i said " so black people were the orginal sinners". she said yes that is true. i chuckled for a while and she finally says that she can show me documentation that this is true. thoughts please????
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Her only documentation is a 2000 year old book....and her "faith"....neither of which comes remotely close to proving anything.

Here's a few things you can ask her......

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her? She's 18 and starting University. Will the slave buyer continue to pay for her education by law ?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? ....Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should this be a neighborhood improvement project ?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here? Would contact lenses help ?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?
i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them?
(Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Who cares?  They probably weren't white.  But arguing relgion never gets anyone anywhere.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
she also told me that blacks were the original sinners and whites would destroy the world!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask her if she has any pictures. [}:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Adam and Eve were proto-human primates. ;)
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I did not think anyone around was recording the event?

You might ask her where did Cain and Septh's wives came from.
Why are there 2 different creation stories in Genesis.

Beside A dam (Adam) means  Man

Best advice  just tell her  each person is where they need to be in their spiritual life.

[:P]

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok  you can tell your co worker this....G-d gave Moshe the T-r-h and the H-ft-r-h, the written and oral word. Adam had two wives his first was Lilith, she was made from the same clay a Adam. She was the first bitch, made his life miserable, G-d cast her out and made Eve from Adam's rib....that is so she would walk by his side and not try to rule him, that is for
G-d to do. Therefore she should go home to her man....now if she does not have a man, tell he that by origional Jewish law, you can take her as a wife, you can have more than one. And she can in turn folow the law of the patriarch's
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd just tell her to "shut the **** up".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top