Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 6:25:06 AM EDT
I live in a small upstairs studio apartment.  A safe really is not feasible due to the small size of the one room apartment and the narrow stairway leading up to it...  What are some good alternatives to a safe for somebody in my shoes?  I suppose I could put the safe in the bathtub and give up the luxury of bathing... hey, being a 2nd Amendment enthusiast requires sacrifice, right?

Thanks ahead of time...
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]
how many guns do you need to store?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:28:24 AM EDT
[#2]
M1A with scope, Ar-15, Ak-47, HK USC, Benelli Nova... i think that makes 5... for now... :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#3]
If you cant have a Traditional Safe, how about one of those small cabinet safes that bolts to the wall?  Do you have room to install it in a closet?

Of course you give up fire protection with one of these...

Are you simply wanting "concealment" so they wont be stolen?

I once did an internet search for gun safes and came accross a company that made a rather simple looking coffee table that had the top simply slide off to reveal the stash of weapons... what I saw would be plenty large enough to hold 5 long guns.

M.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah... I'm just looking for concealment... do you know where I can find that link you are talking about?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Geeze I have WAY to many gun links on my computer!!

[url]http://www.innofab.com/prod.htm[/url]

Nuckles.   [smash]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I use one of the cabinets as I call them in my apartment.  Works great until I can get the house and have better access to the safe!

I did put it in the closet and bolted it to the wall, does a decent job in there!

When you finally get a house though, your very first piece of "furniture" should be a good safe that is at least twice the size of what you need!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Nuckles... thanks for the link... but damn, that stuff is expensive!  I could get a quality safe for that much! hehe
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I would prefer multiple smaller safes.  Once bolted down they are just as secure as the heavier large safe, but are easier to move.  An additional feature is reducing the "all your eggs in one basket" concept.

300lb-500lb range.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Nuckles,

That was the exact site I was referring too... and YES, you do have too much time on your hands to keep all those sites book marked... that, or you have a bigger hard drive than mine!

M.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top