Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/28/2001 4:26:24 PM EDT
I have shot about 250 rounds of the southern ammo "dented" .223. No failures as of yet. With shipping it ended up costing 8.7 cents a round. I have also found 2 rds of ss109 in it so far [:D] [img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/bA/s9/79/bx71931.jpg[/img] This target was shot at 50 yards with my open sights 16" bushy shorty. 9 shots total. The two on the bottom are "operator error".
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:48:44 PM EDT
I bought some of their .308 tarnished & not only is it very accurate & reliable, it is quite shiney as well. I tried a couple hundred rounds in both of my M1A's & it worked great in both of them. ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:57:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ColtShorty: I bought some of their .308 tarnished & not only is it very accurate & reliable, it is quite shiney as well. I tried a couple hundred rounds in both of my M1A's & it worked great in both of them. ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
View Quote
I am extremely happy with it. I plan on ordering about 2000 more rds. monday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:29:38 PM EDT
It's hard to beat a deal like that!! I'd order some .223 but I still have about 3000 pieces of LC brass to load up. It's starting to look like a winter project. ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:32:44 PM EDT
What do you use to ream the primer pockets? I guess I am going to have about 4000 pieces of brass by the end of the year so I am going to need something that will easily ream those pockets.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:55:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hg112: What do you use to ream the primer pockets? I guess I am going to have about 4000 pieces of brass by the end of the year so I am going to need something that will easily ream those pockets.
View Quote
I use a Dillion swage, great tool worth the extra money, fast, accurate and relatively easy to set up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:57:26 PM EDT
I used to use my little Lee pocket reamer. A time consuming & wrist aching process. Fortunately thebeekeeper1 now most [b]generously[/b] lets me borrow his Dillon Super Swager. It's a little pricey, about $78.00, but it makes a world of difference if you have alot of USGI brass to work on. It is alot faster & very user friendly!! ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:02:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ColtShorty: I used to use my little Lee pocket reamer. A time consuming & wrist aching process.
View Quote
That's what I am using now. I usually quit after 20 pieces of brass because my wrist hurts and I'm bored out of my mind.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:34:38 PM EDT
I know how you feel. I used to take mine outside, crank up some tunes & try to get a tan while working on the brass. Ended up being very sweaty & sparkly. [:o)] ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:54:51 PM EDT
is the ammo. corrosive ?, are they close to NC .?
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 12:12:55 AM EDT
Yeah, the "scratch and dent" ammo is pretty good, just make sure you inspect your ammo very thouroughly... [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=56018&page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:01:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By coltar1five: is the ammo. corrosive ?, are they close to NC .?
View Quote
non corrosive. they are in Lorcin, SC. It is about 200 miles from me. I live in Greensboro. I ordered some at 12:00pm thursday and recieved it at 2:30 friday.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:25:05 PM EDT
I'm happy with what little I've shot of my dented .223. It seems that the majority of folks who've bought it, like it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:59:13 PM EDT
I ordered some on a Friday afternoon and had it on the following Monday. I live in Havelock NC, near Morehead city. [smoke]
Top Top