Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 7:17:34 PM EDT
Hello friends:

Just a thought from my perspective on investing....

If you bought $10,000 worth of Nortel Networks stock one year ago,
it would now be worth $490.

If you bought $10,000 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock),
one year ago, drank all the beer, and traded in the cans for the nickel
deposit, you would now have $790.

My advice: start drinking heavily......1GUNRUNNER
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard this one a couple of times, except each time it was $1000 worth of each. I guess those of us here just set the bar a little bit higher [;)]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
But you can't use the budweiser as a tax write off.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
An old friend of mine once said "if people put as much effort into making money as they do into avoiding taxes they would have so much that the taxes would not matter."  His dream was to pay > a million in taxes.  He never reached that high but he died a millionair.

Good advice from a very respected friend.

Never understood people who had outstanding debts investing money in a gamble instead of paying the debts.  Make no mistake, all investments, even real estate, is a gamble.  Play VERY carefully.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
His dream was to pay > a million in taxes.
View Quote

That is one of the most assinine thing's I've heard.  Sounds like a liberal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, Sweep got it right!  Ralph didn't like taxes anymore than anyone else but he could do the math.  Like I said he died with well over a million $$ and earned every single dime of it.  Started as a worker in a small business for near nothing and moved on to better things.

He also used to say that anyone that entered his office and tried to sell him an idea to save taxes got his ass thrown out.  His opinion was any idea should stand on it's merits and the tax savings, if any, were gravy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
His dream was to pay > a million in taxes.
View Quote

That is one of the most assinine thing's I've heard.  Sounds like a liberal.
View Quote

Think about it 1-Gun! If you paid a million in taxes, how much would you have made?
View Quote

Just about and or pretty close to $1,000,001.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top