Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 8:14:29 PM EDT
I was flying back from Tennessee Thursday and I arrived at the airport in Nashville at 9:30 am.  I was scheduled for the 1:30 pm flight and I wanted to check in early.  Next to the NW desk, I see about 15 middle easterners at the Delta desk.  They have a giant cart filled with crap and they are boisterous.  I go to the counter and the girl asks me if I want to take the 10:10 am flight.  I say yes but think this is how ironic stories start.  I tell her if there is no room that it is ok and I will wait.  She gets me on the flight and I think at least I will not have to travel with the menagerie next to me.   I get on the plane in an exit row next to the window.  I am getting comfortable when I hear a ruckus.  I look over and I see the middle easterners board the plane.  They all have giant carry-on bags and are trying to find overhead bins.  I am feeling nervous but things settle down and they shut the cabin door for take-off.  The next thing I know they open the door and let three more on.  Each carrying their giant carry-on bag and looking for overhead space.  What a cluster f-ck!  As this is going on the others are going back into their bags and getting stuff out and moving around the cabin.  At this point, I am thinking about leaving the plane.  I am wondering why the hell you need to show up three hours early.  While this is going on I am trying to figure out who the leader is and who can help on the flight in case things go to shit.  We take-off and land and all went well.  Nevertheless, if this is the new and improved security, we are screwed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top