Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2001 9:22:17 PM EDT
I bought one of the M.A.D. rear sights for my AR and I'm having a little problem with it.  I read in Guns magazine that it was adjustable for windage and elevation.  However once it arrived I don't see any elevation adjustment.  I tried it out today and even with my front sight screwed out to the highest elevation (Above the protective ears), the rifle still shoots about 6 inches high at 100 yards.  I'm using it on a Rock River Arms 16 inch A3 upper.  [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=111712&a=11745819&p=41809144&Sequence=0&res=high[/img] Their web site: [url]http://www.gggaz.com/page10.html[/url]  does not explain if this is the recommended set up.  What gives with this thing, is it a piece of crap or what?
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody has one?  I can't believe it!
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one on Bushmaster and have had zero problems with it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I clicked on your link and the model you have only advertises windage adjustement.

The magazine must have been speaking of the A2 model that has windage and elevation.

Multiple Aperture Device (MAD)

The MAD back up rear iron sight was originally designed for the Naval Surface Warfare Center. To give the maximum in utility, this sight features a four sight, rotating aperture disk with the small and large apertures on the same plane. You can now shift from a high accuracy small aperture to a quick acquisition large aperture with a click of the aperture disc. The MAD unit mounts quickly and easily to the standard AR15/M16 flat top receiver. The MAD sight [b]features full windage adjustment[/b] and is finished to military specs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I have four of the MADs and all four zeroed nicely at 217 yards off the red dot in the Aimpoint, one using the G,G&G flip up front.  You may just need a taller front sight or a taller front sight base.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Where do you get a taller front sight post or base?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#7]
btt
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:54:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I think Kurt's Kustom has taller front sight posts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:55:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Garmentless,

Contact the guy's at GG&G in Tucson, AZ. I'd provide the phone number, but I don't have it at work.

I purchased a GG&G flip up front site for an ASA weaver rail gas block. The block was taller than usual. They modified the sight for me F.O.C. It now works great.

They may be able to make something special for you.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top