Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 11:36:33 AM EDT
Press confrence at White House right now.

Pakistan has been asked to allow the passage of US forces through to Afganistan, close its border with Afganistan, and stop shipping fuel to the Taliban.  They have not yet complied, Ari Flisher said "President Bush was pleased with his converstation with the President of Paksitan, and is happy that Pakistan looks like its taking this opportunity available to help"

Suggesting that there was not a option for them to not help. Given that the Asst. Sec of Def. has already stated that the US will eliminate States that support terrorism.  What if Pakistan doesnt comply?  We have had a lot of trouble with the Pakistani public attacking Americans lately, can the Pakistan goverment comply? Or will it be overthrown or simply loose control of its public, and make us fight are way through anyways.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard that they were cooperating.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya pakistan will.
they aren't quite so fucking stupid.

Don't create havoc with your post man.
Pakistan is a nuclear nation.
Neither country pakistan nor the United states want to hurt eachother
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
They must realize that they don't want both the US and India pissed at them at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Pakistan WILL comply with our "requests"!

You can count on it!

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#5]
What ever the case we are in for a long fight and it could very well bring things back here....
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What ever the case we are in for a long fight and it could very well bring things back here....
View Quote

That's where [b]WE[/b] come in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Delivered how?  They have IRBM's that might be reasonably accurate.  Certainly nothing that reach this country.  To my knowledge neither they nor India have multi stage fusion weapons.  Those make "A Bombs" look like firecrackers.

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The U.S. and NATO are evacuating all their personeel from Afghanistan and surrounding areas. I wonder why ?

[heavy]
[rocket]
[uzi]
[sniper]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Delivered how?  They have IRBM's that might be reasonably accurate.  Certainly nothing that reach this country.  To my knowledge neither they nor India have multi stage fusion weapons.  Those make "A Bombs" look like firecrackers.
View Quote

where there's a will, there's a way.  what they have is dangerous enough.  and deadly enough.  turn the tables, when pushed or provoked or our sovereignty threatened, does not the U.S. react, sometimes with force?  why would/should we expect any other country to react any differently?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Come you guys, where have you been?  Check out CNN's story at: [url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/09/13/pakistan.support/index.html[/url]

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan's military ruler, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, has promised full cooperation with the United States in its fight against terrorism following the attacks on Washington and New York City.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Post from BCBUD -
Neither country pakistan nor the United states want to hurt eachother.
View Quote

That's nice, but in the event that Pakistan wanted to hurt the US, how would they deliver their nuclear package?

Eric The(GiveItToRedChinaForDelivery?)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]
By ship..
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#13]
By ship? Hell, their government would fall before the ship ever cleared anchor![>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Come you guys, where have you been?  Check out CNN's story at: [url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/09/13/pakistan.support/index.html[/url]

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan's military ruler, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, has promised full cooperation with the United States in its fight against terrorism following the attacks on Washington and New York City.
View Quote

Where have I been?  Sitting here watching Ari Flisher on TV about half a hour ago watching his news conference live.

He said that the President was pleased with what he HEARD from speeking to President Musharraf this morning. However, given the problems in Pakistan in the last couple of years with attacks on Americans, its clear that anti-American extreamists are very popular with the Pakistani people. Can the government of Pakistan deliver on whatever they promise without rebellion or mutany?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
where there's a will, there's a way.  what they have is dangerous enough.  and deadly enough.  turn the tables, when pushed or provoked or our sovereignty threatened, does not the U.S. react, sometimes with force?  why would/should we expect any other country to react any differently?  
View Quote

Perhaps, but if you believe the latest incident is the last death/damage this country will sustain from these people, you are on drugs...

Anything we do in the coming days, short of nothing, will not increase our standing with the "Middle Eastern Islamic Nations"(insert favorite non PC pejorative term here).  Bin Laden(sp?)is quite popular with the general population.  Capture/kill him, and you have an instant martyr.  A hero to all the other "Middle Eastern Islamic Gentlemen"(insert favorite non PC perjorative term here).

Overwhelming force causing a breathtaking number of deaths is the only thing that will break the will of these "people" from carrying out these attacks.

Will we do it?  Maybe not right now, but when the "Middle Eastern Islamic Gentlemen"(insert favorite non PC pejorative term here) detonate an IND or Bioweapon that makes WTC pale in comparison, then we will see.

Edited for 1000 Posts!  Man, I got get a life...[%|]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Its also important about who they arent talking about. Russia.  The ideal way to hit Afganistan is to attack from both sides, from Russia and from Pakistan both.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#17]
... yeah, Pakistan was made an offer they "can't refuse"
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#18]
First thing to do is secure the oil fields in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Without petrol you have no war.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#19]
We can rest assure the US Govt. is busting its rump to find these cowards bastards.

I agree that Pakistan and surrounding countries are getting a deal they can't refuse.

When these individuals/groups are found, you can bet their collective asses will be in a proverbial military vise.
[rocket]

God Bless America.

ARSwami
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps, but if you believe the latest incident is the last death/damage this country will sustain from these people, you are on drugs...

Anything we do in the coming days, short of nothing, will not increase our standing with the "Middle Eastern Islamic Nations"(insert favorite non PC pejorative term here).  Bin Laden(sp?)is quite popular with the general population.  Capture/kill him, and you have an instant martyr.  A hero to all the other "Middle Eastern Islamic Gentlemen"(insert favorite non PC perjorative term here).

Overwhelming force causing a breathtaking number of deaths is the only thing that will break the will of these "people" from carrying out these attacks.

Will we do it?  Maybe not right now, but when the "Middle Eastern Islamic Gentlemen"(insert favorite non PC pejorative term here) detonate an IND or Bioweapon that makes WTC pale in comparison, then we will see.

Edited for 1000 Posts!  Man, I got get a life...[%|]
View Quote

methinks you need to read my post again.  i don't have the foggiest idea where you got the idea that i thought this was all the U.S. would have to deal with.  in fact, i don't have the foggiest idea what your post has to do with mine.

i was merely addressing someone else's point that Pakistan's nuclear capabilities were far inferior to ours.  and to the likelihood of their response being forceful if the U.S. should force itself onto their soil for our own purposes. (though i doubt that will be necesarry, given the "persuasive" capabilities of the U.S.)  i never suggested anything related to what you wrote in your post.  so i'm not really sure what point you were trying to make, but i don't think i got it.

please clarify.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#21]
ArmdLbrl, the only thing that's going on between the US and Pakistan is the US (telling/warning) Pakistan that they will be over their air space and Pakistan better not cause any sheet!

The direct route is from the Arabian Sea to bin Laden's camps in southern Afghanistan (near the Pakistani border)!  "Requesting" overflight permission of a Muslem country (like Pakistan), is just a formality.

We may also be able to operate out of Uzbekistan!

Don't worry about Pakistan, ArmdLbrl!

DaMan    
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Post from BCBUD -
Neither country pakistan nor the United states want to hurt eachother.
View Quote

That's nice, but in the event that Pakistan wanted to hurt the US, how would they deliver their nuclear package?

Eric The(GiveItToRedChinaForDelivery?)Hun[>]:)]

View Quote

American Bases in Saudi Arabia most likely.

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

please clarify.
View Quote

Well absolutely![:D]

Seems to me, you are saying we should fear their reaction/retaliation.  This was an act of War upon this country.  Allowing what these "gentlemen"(insert...you got the idea)might do in response is a non issue.  We will take more losses in this no matter what we do, short of nothing.

Does that help?[:D]

Now if you will cuze me, I got go get my DNA scanned so you can get some mail from Atlanta tomorrow!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank You Usbekistan!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Post from BCBUD -
American Bases in Saudi Arabia most likely.
View Quote

Man, would that make the pilgrimage to Mecca a real bummer for let's say the nexy ninety or so years!  Surely they know this? [>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#26]
ArmdLbrl, The Russians And the Uzbeks have been wise to the Taliban for some time now! A major source of foreign mercenaries and supplies supporting the Chechen terrorists came from the Taliban in Afghanistan!

DaMan
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thank You Usbekistan!
View Quote

Hahahahah!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, we didn't go to war with Pakistan.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well, we didn't go to war with Pakistan.
View Quote

We probably won't in the future!  DaMan
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#30]
ArmdLbrl, .... uhhh!   Waiting!

Hahhahaha!  DaMan
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
DaMan,

Is this the length you go to?
Do you go back 9  to 7 months of posts, so you can post an "I told you so " ?
Do you do this becuase you think people will be impressed?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
DaMan,

Is this the length you go to?
Do you go back 9  to 7 months of posts, so you can post an "I told you so " ?
Do you do this becuase you think people will be impressed?
View Quote

No, dipwad!  I only need to be correct to make me happy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top