Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2001 3:04:10 AM EDT
Anyone know the difference?
Aim Surplus has them on sale real cheap.

TIA,
Del
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#1]
CZ50 has more "traditional" construction methods (milled parts, hand fitting, etc.) and is Curio & Relic eligible.

CZ70 uses more stampings and is supposedly a more reliable version of the 50. It is NOT C&R.

I saw the ad. as well but the FAIR to GOOD condition scares me buying sight un-seen. Almost anything could show up on your doorstep.

AIM has always been GREAT to deal with!
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the CZ70 for $79.99, I got the one in better shape it's a good 90%. So far I am impressed with it, it looks like it's forged steel and is fitted well. The only thing that is different between the 50 and 70 is the hammer and grips. The double action trigger pull is way to heavy about 15lbs bot it's not to bad in single action about 6lbs. I think I will buy another! I would do business with Aimsurplus again. My CZ70 is not made from stamped steel, it's milled. This is a sweet little gun for $79.00 it only cost me $10.00 to get it here {MI}.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=1300z70[/url] for all your gun part needs.
[img]http://aimsurplus.com/acatalog/czpistol.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.
Del

What is the Caliber?
9x18, .32
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
    I have a CZ-50 in .32acp and it is a nice compact reliable gun. It is also very accurate.

BTW this was my first handgun.

Also, don't mess with the internal parts as they are a bitch to put back in.

Alex
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Too heavy for concealed carry, the truigger would pinch my fat finger. That being said, it was a tremendous value and is a better buy than some guns selling at two to three times the cost.
[pistol]
I would recommend it. BTW, I spent $10 more for the handpick and my gun, the 50, was in great shape.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I owned a CZ-50 for a couple years.. Yes, it's well made but as a carry gun..I had to pass.. It's a .32 ACP..

Also, when I considered the cost of 50 rounds of .32ACP ball was more money than a box of .45 ACP ball, I realized that regardless of how neat it was, it was just not a good choice for me..
I sold it for what I had in it..About 150.00

Seriously, if you're just collecting em, they ARE neat. Very well made, and plesant to shoot.. But if you need a hideout gun, there are a lot better choices out there..

Meplat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 2:45:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Y'all.
I feel the same about the .32.
I thought that these might be 9x18 or something.
I am a .45 lover and roll my own.

For the price I'd like to get 1 just because.

Now I just need to find out about the IMI Bull M5. It too is being sold for much less than usual.

Peace,
Del[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top