Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 1:20:23 PM EDT

It's been 3 days of protesting here in El Paso.  Every local high school (about 20) have at least 400-500 kids protesting this immigration thing.  They are blocking streets and marching with their Mexican flags all over.  The news asked them what they are proesting about and only abou 1 in 20 had any clue.  It has seemed to get worse everyday, hopefully this weekend will calm things down.  But when this house bill passes, I think there will be a lot of trouble down here on the border.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Exact same thing here in Salt Lake City?? Maybe if they put the Mexican flags down and carried some US Flags
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Those kids are only using protesting to get them out of school.  I hope the school authorities throw the "book" at these kids.  They deserve to fail their classes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
you know, in my old school district, that was called truancy......
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Those kids are only using protesting to get them out of school.  I hope the school authorities throw the "book" at these kids.  They deserve to fail their classes.

Why do you think they are protesting? Cause they already failed their classes.  Just need something/someone to blame for their stupidness.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually the 3 local school districts just said that all kids that were involved will be listed as truant or ditching school.  And that disciplinary action will be taken.  I doubt that though.

It would be one thing if they were carring American Flags, and had a clue of what they were protesting.  On the news they were all throwing thier gang signs and flipping of the cameras and all.  Just totally ridiculous
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
We had gay protetors at Texas A&M outside our Corps of Cadets Center the other day. Angry over the fact that they can't be openly gay in the military. Like we could do anything about it... MEh
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We had gay protetors at Texas A&M outside our Corps of Cadets Center the other day. Angry over the fact that they can't be openly gay in the military. Like we could do anything about it... MEh

No effing way!

Oh my God, Old Army really is dead.

96Ag(Company A-1 LCWB)
But then again, they have been saying that since 1877
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]
So there in High School,,impeeding traffic,,they should all be arressted as  Juvy's and then see how they like it. High schoolers can't vote,,they're protesting  because thier parents can't read English
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#9]
These dumb shits need to put down that fucking mexican flag and raise OLD GLORY. Then maybe people will pay attention to them. We are a Nation of Immigrants after all. But then a long time ago everyone coming here passed through the Island and was given a green card and an AMERICAN FLAG! I don't want to close the borders but I do want to clean them up, it's time that America took back it's country! If your illegal, get the fuck out!  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#10]
You have to figure that they are likely the only ones in their family who speak much english and are getting a good education.  Depending on how the new immigration law(s) go, they would have to explain the circumstances to their families.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top