Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/30/2006 3:17:51 PM EDT
A new start up cell company offered to lease a small corner of our parking lot. They were willing to pay $700 a month for a something like a 50 feet square plot.

I told them to take it and run. We have a HUGE HUGE lot and it really would not cause any problems for anyone.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:20:19 PM EDT
Great, you can increase your ammo budget.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:21:54 PM EDT
we got free Cell phones for as long as we own the property, Hold oout for the phones!!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:22:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By California_Kid:

A las no. The building and lot is owned by another company. But since we rent the whole thing, we are getting something to offset out rent. But thats about it.

Not to mention we are moving in 2 months.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:24:17 PM EDT
Sublet take the money and run
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:26:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

A las no. The building and lot is owned by another company. But since we rent the whole thing, we are getting something to offset out rent. But thats about it.

Wouldn't it be the owner's call then?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:26:42 PM EDT
are they goign to need to regularly drive maint. trucks over your land to get to the tower? the tower may take up 50x50, but they might need to create an approach and drive to the tower all the time
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:28:41 PM EDT
My uncle got $1200.00/month for letting one go up on his farm!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:34:04 PM EDT
Hold their feet to the fire a bit more.

Or at the very least, make sure that the lease does NOT include your consent for them to sublease to other carriers.

If its a needed location, you can probably get upwards of $1800 a month. Don't take their first offer man!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:35:20 PM EDT
Just goes to show how desperate the cellphone companies are for qualified landmen.

The only person who has authority to lease ground for a cellphone tower to a cell company is the landowner. If your name ain't on the deed then whomever contacted you for the lease is an idiot. Hell, tell them you want cash to sign and free cellphones forever. Most likely they will pay by bankdraft which gives the company time to run title to make sure the right person, the owner, has signed the lease. If there is a problem then they just don't pay the draft.

I hear they are so desperate for qualified landmen they are hiring just about anbody that's a warm body.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:38:08 PM EDT
Should've held out for more!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:01:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dolanp:

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

Wouldn't it be the owner's call then?

No not really. They have rented us the entire property. All buildings and associated parking lots are ours. We can sublet what we want I guess.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:15:05 PM EDT
How large of a tower is going up?

Outdoor BTS or are they planning on putting up a small building?

CDMA or GSM ?

How many sectors are they putting up?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:19:05 AM EDT
have fun with the glowing!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:29:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sailhertoo:

I know someone who is getting $2000 a month.

He just happens to own property in the right part of town with a good size hill.

Why can't I be so lucky? An extra $2000 a month FOREVER would be awesome.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:39:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Originally Posted By sailhertoo:

I know someone who is getting $2000 a month.

He just happens to own property in the right part of town with a good size hill.

Why can't I be so lucky? An extra $2000 a month FOREVER would be awesome.

No shit. I would LOVE to get a cell tower contract.
Top Top