Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:40:55 PM EDT
Whenever it is brought up it seems like almost everyone on this board is on the verge of tears ?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you talking about? The Dems keep bringing up the "draft" and the dems keep crying that they will run to Canada if the Dems pass one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
BRING ON THE DRAFT!!!!
I'll be the old guy in the front of the line !!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Draft?

No way , Eh!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't you the same dipshit that responds with, "it's not a good time to enlist right now" when the subject of enlistment is discussed?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think it will be a good idea.

Max
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I already did my time. I think it should be mandatory to do two years military time when you graduate highschool or turn 18.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont see a draft coming.  Last time I checked we still have a decent # of people.  The USMC doesnt have stop loss in effect right now, so I am not worried.  

I already did my time. I think it should be mandatory to do two years military time when you graduate highschool or turn 18.

Exactly what I tell my govenment students .  They dont like it so much, but its just my opinion and gets em to perk up real quick.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm against the draft (except for an extreme national emergency).  Involuntary military service allows a bunch of people that have no business in the military in.  

That's all beside the fact that people should have a choice in their fate.  

I'm going to enlist in a year or two anyway.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Horrible poll options.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not afraid of one, since it won't happen.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Afraid of it?  Hell, I'd re-enlist right now, if they'd take me.

One of my greatest regrets in life is being discharged from the Marines.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's brilliant.  I graduated with people I wouldn't trust with a pair of tweezers and you wanna give them GUNS?  Mandatory military service is one of the most idiotic ideas ever.  Nobody who joins on their own free will is going to want to serve with some jerk-ass who's only there because he has to be.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Aren't you the same dipshit that responds with, "it's not a good time to enlist right now" when the subject of enlistment is discussed?

yes. this guy is a troll and probably a plant from the DU.  

another one of his gems from earlier today:

The people are getting tired of Bush.

This is just the beginning.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd be worried that it would dumb down the ranks.  I dont want some idiot that doesnt want to be there to begin with working on the planes I am flying in..
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Bunch of idiots.  The draft is not needed as retention rates have never been higher.

But judging by how many chairborne rangers are here with their fascination of full auto and uber ghey bump fire, it wouldn't surprise me if some pussies here would act like little girly boys if there is a mention of a draft.

Buck up and elist.  At least you might get a choice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#16]
you can lead a draftee to battle but it doesnt mean he is going to fight, Now if that soldier is thirsty for blood...well you know
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'd be worried that it would dumb down the ranks.  I dont want some idiot that doesnt want to be there to begin with working on the planes I am flying in..

And that's precisely where the draft gets you.   A bunch of people who don't want to be there in involuntary servitude.  Think PR is bad now with the war?  Wait till the people who don't like the war have to go fight it and the honor of the military gets trashed along with the administration.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think they let me go anyway, to many broke bones in my feet. But I'd be more afraid of the person next to me if he's like any of my recent x friends.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Aren't you the same dipshit person that responds with, "it's not a good time to enlist right now" when the subject of enlistment is discussed?

Yes I am.

If I am going to enlist to fight and maybe die for my country I would have to respect the CIC.

I lost all respect for this president a long time ago.

If  a different president assumes office and I feel he has this countries best interest at heart I will enlist in the Marines.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Democrats are pushing for a draft.  It would serve their political purposes, they are not interested in winning the war.  To the contrary

So no.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I neither fear nor welcome it, so I cannot vote in your poll.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
you can lead a draftee to battle but it doesnt mean he is going to fight, Now if that soldier is thirsty for blood...well you know

You dishonor every Vietnam vet that served and was drafted.

You make me ill.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Conscription is about the most un-American thing the government has perpetrated on the American people on a widespread basis.

Do you know what kind of a stink people would make if individual States tried to levy conscripts?  What gives the Federal Government the right to do it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Wait till the people who don't like the war have to go fight it and the honor of the military gets trashed along with the administration.

Thing is its the Dems that were pushing a draft, not the current administration. Perhaps the Dems were pushing one just to get out military full of folks that hate authority and Bush just to undermine the effort? Would not surprise me one bit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Aren't you the same dipshit person that responds with, "it's not a good time to enlist right now" when the subject of enlistment is discussed?

Yes I am.

If I am going to enlist to fight and maybe die for my country I would have to respect the CIC.

If  a different president assumes office and I feel he has this countries best interest at heart I will enlist in the Marines.

Yeah, I'll hold my fucking breath for that.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's brilliant.  I graduated with people I wouldn't trust with a pair of tweezers and you wanna give them GUNS?  Mandatory military service is one of the most idiotic ideas ever.  Nobody who joins on their own free will is going to want to serve with some jerk-ass who's only there because he has to be.

Don't they already do this in Israel?  Not that we should model our country after theirs but America needs to get the young people to invest something in it.  These non-goal oriented kids should have an interest in the country that provides a great way of life for them. How many stateside troops do you see walking around with guns now?  Why would that change?

And you might want to brush up on the subject of tact, ole buddy.  No need to start name calling over a differing opinion. you have a nice day now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm 46 but I would volunteer in a heartbeat if I could fill the space of some young stud to go kill Islamics!

USMC '77-'81
Cpl, 7234
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am.

Good thing that career miltary dont EOS when a president they dont like is elected, we'd have no senior enlisted ranks whatsoever, not to metion flag officers.  Everyone has their own reasons for joining.   Mine were decided before I graduated HS.  I know guys that just needed a secure job and hate the idea of us flying into anyplace dangerous.  And I know guys that are in BUDS right now because they want to kick some ass.  Me, I love flying.  And I do it to fulfill a sense of duty that nothing on the civilian side can fill for me..  I dont care who is CIC, I may not like him/her but I aint there for him/her..  I'm in becuase of higher reasons than that..
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You dishonor every Vietnam vet that served and was drafted.

You make me ill.

How am i dishonoring them? I will still repect any man who served whether drafted or volunteered, what im talking about is the individual soldiers will to fight, had they wanted to fight they would have joined, its as simple as that.

Vietnam was not only war draftees have served in, so even if was "Dishonoring them" it would not just be Vietnam vets
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#30]
At this point, and for the forseeable future, I don't see a need.    Frankly a new equitable draft would be dificult to get passed by Congress, and I don't see a way where we wouldn't get a surplus of people.  and once we had a surplus it would be back to the days of the troops doing makework make pretty jobs.

The concept of universal service is interesting and I would propose a tieed level of programs.  You go into the military and you get a certain very high level of benefits, you choose a less dangerous, etc method of service, lesser benefits.

In addition to the military, you could have an urban volunteer corps, duties including repairing and maintaining city parks and recreation facilities, tutoring, USFS volunteer corps, building and maintaining trails, forest facilities, firefighting and fire support, NPS maintaining and repairing National Parks, trail building and maintenance in the National Parks.  Kind of a CCC/WPA.  The military can't absorb everybody and there are those who wouldn't or couldn't be in the military, but could or would volunteer their service elsewhere.

(Although it would be less expensive than all the government union employees that have priced a lot of this work off the budgets, the unions might not like it.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Nah, I just turn up the thermostat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am.

You are a coward.  I personally disagreewith some of President Bush's policies (i.e., globalization, immigration, etc...) but that will not keep me.  By your rational, the entire US Military should have resigned when former President Bill Clinton took office.

Cowards disgust me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#33]
You forgot the options for "I'm a sucker who volunteered already before 9/11 for college money" and "I played way too many violent video games and saw too many war movies and already signed up with a Ranger contract and 20 years."

What I mean to say you forgot to add the option "I'm already in"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
At this point, and for the forseeable future, I don't see a need.    Frankly a new equitable draft would be dificult to get passed by Congress, and I don't see a way where we wouldn't get a surplus of people.  and once we had a surplus it would be back to the days of the troops doing makework make pretty jobs.

The concept of universal service is interesting and I would propose a tieed level of programs.  You go into the military and you get a certain very high level of benefits, you choose a less dangerous, etc method of service, lesser benefits.

In addition to the military, you could have an urban volunteer corps, duties including repairing and maintaining city parks and recreation facilities, tutoring, USFS volunteer corps, building and maintaining trails, forest facilities, firefighting and fire support, NPS maintaining and repairing National Parks, trail building and maintenance in the National Parks.  Kind of a CCC/WPA.  The military can't absorb everybody and there are those who wouldn't or couldn't be in the military, but could or would volunteer their service elsewhere.

(Although it would be less expensive than all the government union employees that have priced a lot of this work off the budgets, the unions might not like it.)

Yippie for the New Deal, Comrade.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am.

You are a coward.  I personally disagreewith some of President Bush's policies (i.e., globalization, immigration, etc...) but that will not keep me.  By your rational, the entire US Military should have resigned when former President Bill Clinton took office.

Cowards disgust me.

Brave enough to call your bullshit, bullshit.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
You forgot the options for "I'm a sucker who volunteered already before 9/11 for college money" and "I played way too many violent video games and saw too many war movies and already signed up with a Ranger contract and 20 years."

What I mean to say you forgot to add the option "I'm already in"

what about "i used to be a NASA SEAL and now sell jerky at gun shows"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Aren't you the same dipshitthat responds with, "it's not a good time to enlist right now" when the subject of enlistment is discussed?

Yes I am.

What is wrong with you? Service is not about the CIC, but about the COUNTRY you live and breathe in, you know, that country that grants your right to say and do dumb shit like this poll without fear of retribution?  Your lack of respect for the president is irrelevant.  Serving your country is both an honor and a priviledge; don't say "I'll do it when President Bush is gone," because you might as well say you never will.  That's an excuse to put it off.

I'm no fan of the President, but I still love this country and what it represents, enough to give a few years of my life to defend it and possibly more.

Do you think Clinton was a great President? Do you think Gore or Kerry would've done any better?  Do you think their administrations wouldn't be soaked in corruption or controversy? It happens with anyone that holds the office.  That's why they're called politicians.

By the way, your poll is asinine and stupid, there won't be a draft.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am.

Cowards disgust me.

Brave enough to call your bullshit, bullshit.

Call it what you will you coward.  It should be a crime for you to even write the word Marine.  Let me ask you, do you think the Marines in WWI agreed with Woodrow Wilson's policies?

Your existence is an embarrassment to every American Serviceman.  You're a coward in the worst possible sense, you try and discourage others from serving.  Perhaps you do it because you do not want to see anyone braver than you, you want to make your pathetic self feel better.  Well, let me tell you that they are better than you.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Meh, I'm already in. What's the worst they can do to me?

Other than give me a company of people who want to be somewhere else...

NTM
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

What about the fat fucks that can't bench 45 pounds or lift a chair over there head?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am.

Wowww!!! My fucking hero...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am.

Like you dems ever had any respect for him.

Why didn't you join when your boy Bill was in office?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn right I'm scared of the draft......Its already freezing cold in here.

as for the mil. draft, not worried.  If they need me I'll gladly go (as long as I can take my "toys")  I dont think its needed right now though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I dont see a draft coming.  Last time I checked we still have a decent # of people.  The USMC doesnt have stop loss in effect right now, so I am not worried.  

Exactly what I tell my govenment students .  They dont like it so much, but its just my opinion and gets em to perk up real quick.

That's because it is a stupid idea.
An army of conscipts?
Not only does that not make for a good military, it is also harmful to the nature of a republic.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Why do these types of threads always get hijacked by 2 people calling eachother names?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about the fat fucks that can't bench 45 pounds or lift a chair over there head?

Proper motivation would help them improve their physical deficiencies.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Against.
I have kids. Simple as that.
The politicians are incompetent and devoid of leadership. Send my kids to Iran? Over my dead body.

Want someone to go?
Take me.
I'm 47 but I am stronger than I have ever been and I can shoot better also.

None of the politicians are fit to command though, simple as that. Even Reagan blew it. Truman? LBJ? Carter? Clinton? GWB?
Hell, at least Bush Sr got it right but he was the only one. In 50 years....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't they already do this in Israel?  Not that we should model our country after theirs but America needs to get the young people to invest something in it.  These non-goal oriented kids should have an interest in the country that provides a great way of life for them. How many stateside troops do you see walking around with guns now?  Why would that change?

And you might want to brush up on the subject of tact, ole buddy.  No need to start name calling over a differing opinion. you have a nice day now.

And South Korea.
I don't consider either one to be free countries.
Better than the alternative, yes, but certainly not free.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

That's just enough to get someone trained in the basics, not actually get any work done or get through upgrade training.  I really can't think of any job in the AF that a two year conscript would be able to perform.

I think the Navy has some 3 year jobs, right?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top