Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 10:35:32 AM EDT
didn't have a camera but i saw an American flag today that was more than a little odd.
it was flying at full staff like normal but had a strip of yellow on the short side away from the blue field.  the yellow strip ran the length of he short side and was as wide as one of the red and white stripes.  it looked like it was added and made the flag longer (not tacked over the red and white stripes so the flag was the origional length).    

so what was the deal?  some sort of protest?

thanks,
mw
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen anything like what you describe.

I doubt that it is in accordance with the flag code.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
According to the rules of displaying the US flag, it can not have any other coloring or markings on it.

Must've been a hippie thing??????????
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
interesting.  if its near where you live, you should take a camera tomorrow and get a picture of it.  i'd be (and i'm sure many others) interested to see what it looks like
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Google "american flag yellow fringe" and revel in the unending tinfoilhattery.

Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top