Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2006 8:41:26 AM EDT
I was fast asleep last night, and suddenly I was awoken by someone yelling at the top of their lungs, "I'M HIGH!  YEAAAAAAHHHH!"  Then someone echoed, "YEAAAAHHHHH!"  They went back and fourth about ten times, and then the first guy yelled, "I'm SO FU@#ING HIGH!  YEAAAAAHHHH!"  More echoes followed. I checked the clock.  Five frickin' thirty!

I am a proponent of drug legalizating, but it's things like that that make me rethink it.  Of course, alcohol is just as bad.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you draw down?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah... Leagalize pot...  Sure.  

friggin hippies!  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]

I have yet to know anyone who is stoned to yell.  If you are THAT high you usually can't move and just look at the TV for a couple hours until the desire to raid apple pie in the fridge overcomes you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was fast asleep last night, and suddenly I was awoken by someone yelling at the top of their lungs, "I'M HIGH!  YEAAAAAAHHHH!"  Then someone echoed, "YEAAAAHHHHH!"  They went back and fourth about ten times, and then the first guy yelled, "I'm SO FU@#ING HIGH!  YEAAAAAHHHH!"  More echoes followed. I checked the clock.  Five frickin' thirty!

I am a proponent of drug legalizating, but it's things like that that make me rethink it.  Of course, alcohol is just as bad.

Sorry dude.

Damn, you heard me in OH. I was loud.

Oh.....it was hookers and blow, btw.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

friggin hippies!  

Hey, I don't do it, but I support the right of others to do it.  It's no different than alcohol.  It slows your motor skills, makes it hard to pay attention, and makes you act weird.  It also doesn't give you a hangover, just dry mouth.  If pot is illegal, alcohol certainly should be.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have yet to know anyone who is stoned to yell.  If you are THAT high you usually can't move and just look at the TV for a couple hours until the desire to raid apple pie in the fridge overcomes you.

Maybe they were stoned AND drunk.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, good thing drunks are always quiet at night.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1, sounds like drunks to me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#9]
If they were potheads, they would not be yelling, they would probably be sleeping.  Sounds more like drunks.

How exactly is it that you know they were high on pot?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If they were potheads, they would not be yelling, they would probably be sleeping.  Sounds more like drunks.

But hey, let's not common sense interrupt the ignorance.

All I know is what I heard, and I heard the word "high"
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

friggin hippies!  

Hey, I don't do it, but I support the right of others to do it.  It's no different than alcohol.  It slows your motor skills, makes it hard to pay attention, and makes you act weird.  It also doesn't give you a hangover, just dry mouth.  If pot is illegal, alcohol certainly should be.

IIRC prohibition didn't go too well...  But pot is already illegal.  

However, I don't want to hijack, so carry on!  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe after they finished the case of beer they decided to climb a tree to get high.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well gee, "high" is what many people use to describe being drunk as well, but what the heck, you know they were stoned.  Actually, that is the word most people use to describe the buzz from smoking pot.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

friggin hippies!  

It wasn't illegal at the Federal level until the '60s, IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#15]
This is interesting.  I relate a funny story, and people begin to almost attack me.  "No, you idiot. stoners don't act like that, they were drunk!  You think you know everything, don't you?"

I heard them say that they were high.  Someone who is high has taken drugs.  Pot is the most likely drug.  That's all I know.

Sheesh.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Grab your cane, lean out your window and shout:

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

BC
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Wow, good thing drunks are always quiet at night.

I've known a few pot heads in my day, and they usually aren't to loud. Drunks on the other hand seem to get louder and louder as the night wears on. One thing about getting older, and hanging with a different crowd, that I have learned to appreciate, is when you ask a buddy "what did you do last night" or whenever? Getting the answer  "Man, I got so fucked up! I can't remember what we did". I didn't think much about that as a kid, but it annoys the hell out of me now. I'm 36, and still hear that from old friends every now and then, and its from the same people that bitch about not being able to get a good job, or  that their trailer is leaking, and everything that happens to them is somone else's fault..... I wonder why?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

friggin hippies!  

it became effectively illegal in 1937, where the marijuana tax act required you to get a tax stamp from the feds to legally possess it, but the feds made it difficult if not impossible for you to properly pay the tax.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

friggin hippies!  

it became effectively illegal in 1937, where the marijuana tax act required you to get a tax stamp from the feds to legally possess it, but the feds made it difficult if not impossible for you to properly pay the tax.

I seem to recall that all that was struck down and was not addressed again until the '60s.

Tax stamp, huh?  Reminds me of NFA.  So, some here hate the NFA tax stamp, but apparently think that the pot tax stamp was just fine.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Most potheads are fast asleep by 530 am. Id say they were using something else. That doesnt sound like something a stoner would do.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This is interesting.  I relate a funny story, and people begin to almost attack me.  "No, you idiot. stoners don't act like that, they were drunk!  You think you know everything, don't you?"

I heard them say that they were high.  Someone who is high has taken drugs.  Pot is the most likely drug.  That's all I know.

Sheesh.  

Someone who is high has taken drugs????????  Well, booze is a drug, so you might be right.

That's all you know, so it means they must be potheads?  Sure.  One more time very slowly, many drunks refer to themselves as being "high".
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

friggin hippies!  

I seem to recall that all that was struck down and was not addressed again until the '60s.

Tax stamp, huh?  Reminds me of NFA.  So, some here hate the NFA tax stamp, but apparently think that the pot tax stamp was just fine.

it was struck down as unconstitutional in 1969 on fifth amendment grounds.  the infamous timothy leary was busted and challenged it, and the supreme court ruled in his favor.

congress responded almost immediately by passing the Controlled Substances Act in 1970, which I believe is what you were referring to.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh.  

Someone who is high has taken drugs????????  Well, booze is a drug, so you might be right.

That's all you know, so it means they must be potheads?  Sure.  One more time very slowly, many drunks refer to themselves as being "high".

perhaps they were high on coke or meth?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh.  

Absolute BS.  I have NEVER heard someone refer to being drunk as being "high."
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Stupid  kids also like to do things to cause attention to themselves.  "Hey man lets start yelling that we are high and wake everyone up!  That would be cool!"
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh.  

So, because YOU never heard it makes it a fact.  Not hardly.  If there is any BS, it is coming from you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

friggin hippies!  

it was struck down as unconstitutional in 1969 on fifth amendment grounds.  the infamous timothy leary was busted and challenged it, and the supreme court ruled in his favor.

congress responded almost immediately by passing the Controlled Substances Act in 1970, which I believe is what you were referring to.

I knew there was something like that, just could not recall all the details.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh.  

So, because YOU never heard it makes it a fact.  Not hardly.  If there is any BS, it is coming from you.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm calling you an idiot, or else what you are referring to is a regional thing.  I have heard MANY people talk about being drunk, and NEVER have I heard someone refer to it as being high.  People around here most certainly do NOT refer to being drunk as being "high."  That's a fact.  Maybe it's different where you are.  If people around here used the word that way, I would have heard it at least once.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, I guess this the last time I relate an amusing story.  Merely telling people the strange and humorous facts of the situation causes people to attack me.

Fine, they were drunk, and just pretending to be high.  I'm perfectly open to that.  But around here no one calls being drunk being "high," and they DID say "high."  Now, can all of you idiots leave?  This post wasn't meant to be an arguement as to whether being stoned makes you yell, or whether people call being drunk being "high."
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#30]

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm calling you an idiot, or else what you are referring to is a regional thing.  I have heard MANY people talk about being drunk, and NEVER have I heard someone refer to it as being high.  People around here most certainly do NOT refer to being drunk as being "high."  That's a fact.  Maybe it's different where you are.  If people around here used the word that way, I would have heard it at least once.

I have never heard someone who is stoned start yelling about how high he was and I myself the times where I have endulged had the motivation to do so.  All you do is listen to music, eat and look at purdy lights.  You are paranoid as it is when you are high, you don't advertise it so other will know and call the cops.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well, I guess this the last time I relate an amusing story.  Merely telling people the strange and humorous facts of the situation causes people to attack me.

Fine, they were drunk, and just pretending to be high.  I'm perfectly open to that.  But around here no one calls being drunk being "high," and they DID say "high."  Now, can all of you idiots leave?  This post wasn't meant to be an arguement as to whether being stoned makes you yell, or whether people call being drunk being "high."

Just giving you and education that people who are "high" on weed, never, ever yell that they are high.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

friggin hippies!  

and how well is it going with keeping pot illegal?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just giving you and education that people who are "high" on weed, never, ever yell that they are high.

Well, a lot of the comments weren't merely friendly advice, they were attacks.

Perhaps they were drunk and were hoping to attract the police just for fun.  Maybe they were drunk AND high.  Maybe they were high on something else.  I DON'T KNOW.  I am just relating to everyone what I heard, and I took what they said at face value.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Oh, you would have heard it?  What are you, all knowing, all seeing?

As for you calling me an idiot, that just shows who the loser really is.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#36]
cannabis tax stamp: NFA tax stamp:
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#37]
<---appropriate screen name

Quoted:

Sheesh.  

You should have just turned the TV off.  Pot makes you mellow and gives you the munchies.  This crap they show on tv (Example:  Jeff spicoli "Dude, I'm so wasted") is BS.  I know some people that smoke pot (Although I won't touch the stuff myself) and they never get rowdy from it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, a lot of the comments weren't merely friendly advice, they were attacks.

Perhaps they were drunk and were hoping to attract the police just for fun.  Maybe they were drunk AND high.  Maybe they were high on something else.  I DON'T KNOW.  I am just relating to everyone what I heard, and I took what they said at face value.

Therein lies the crux of the matter.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I said that you are either an idiot or it is a regional use of the word.  It is not used here to mean "on drugs."  I don't know you, so I'm allowing for all possibilities.  It could be regional and you could be completely truthful, or you could be a troll trying to cause trouble.

Either way, you ARE causing trouble, not necessarily by your information, but your method of giving that information.  Your very first post demonstrated your bad attitude, and it went downhill from there.  Because of that, I find it easy to believe that you are just a troll, lying to cause trouble, but because I am a forgiving person, I am open to the possibility that you are just an unpleasant person who lives in a place where the word "high" is synonomous with "drunk."
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But pot is already illegal.  

It is?

Not in Commiefornia!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Every time I see a thread like this I am only reminded that if it weren't for prohibition, Gun Control would be nowhere near as bad today.

Hey....the .gov had to give the rev'nooers something to do, right?

I dunno what it is, but it seems like BATF(E) attracts that largest percentage of assholes in law enforcement.  About 50% of the ATF guys I run into are just plain pricks.

BC
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#43]
some individual states still have cannabis tax stamps.  my favorite is nebraska's:

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I said that you are either an idiot or it is a regional use of the word.  It is not used here to mean "on drugs."  I don't know you, so I'm allowing for all possibilities.  It could be regional and you could be completely truthful, or you could be a troll trying to cause trouble.

Either way, you ARE causing trouble, not necessarily by your information, but your method of giving that information.

I'm calling you an idiot,

Sounds like you are calling me an idiot.  You calling me a troll is truly laughable.  You present something as a fact when you admittedly don't know is what sounds like trolling.

I don't care what you think you know, you definitely don't know as much as you think you do.  

I also don't care if you don't like my method of giving that information.  YOU are the one causing trouble by posting something about which you admittedly know nothing about.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Sounds like you are calling me an idiot.  You calling me a troll is truly laughable.  You present something as a fact when you admittedly don't know is what sounds like trolling.

I don't care what you think you know, you definitely don't know as much as you think you do.  

I also don't care if you don't like my method of giving that information.  YOU are the one causing trouble by posting something about which you admittedly know nothing about.

You know that "high" means "drunk" because you have heard it.  Fine.

I know that "high" means "on drugs" because I've heard it, and NEVER heard it to mean "drunk."

Why does that make YOU know more about it than me?  It doesn't.

If I don't know jack about it, neither do you.

I did NOT admit to not knowing anything about it, I merely told you what I have heard, which is exactly what you have done.

Troll.

EDITED TO ADD:

By the way, you said in your last paragraph, in so many words, that I started the fight by posting about something that I know nothing about.  If you'll just take a look at the thread, you'll see that we began the arguement about the meaning of "high" AFTER you posted your sarcastic, vitriolic post, so don't tell me that I was the one causing trouble.  By the way, your original post read, "But hey, let's not common sense interrupt the ignorance." before you quietly changed it to be a bit less insulting ("How exactly is it that you know they were high on pot?")
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#46]
wow, both of you need to chill, no need to get the thread locked arguing over semantics
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#47]
OK, FINE, the guys last night only yelled "I'M SO F@(#ING DRUNK!  YEAAAHHH!"

Everyone happy?

Now let's drop it.

*BTW, that first paragraph is a lie.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#48]
More likely Coke or Meth at 5:30 in the morning ... Most of the pot smokers I know would either use "Stoned" or "Baked", and none of them would be jumping up and down at 5:30 in the morning screaming about it at the top of their lungs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh.  

High, stoned, drunk, fucked up, shit faced, smashed. etc....

Who knows what they were on, without verifying.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
More likely Coke or Meth at 5:30 in the morning ... Most of the pot smokers I know would either use "Stoned" or "Baked", and none of them would be jumping up and down at 5:30 in the morning screaming about it at the top of their lungs.

i concour
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top