Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:44:41 PM EDT
I want to thank all of those who served in the armed forces. Everytime i see the flag near my building I am almost moved to tears. Thank you all so much for everything.

And for all of those who have passed on or who didnt make it back im sure i speak for this whole board. Thanks to you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice to see a random post on a strong topic as this one. I CANNOT stand the people that put the stickers on their cars as if they respect the military because they feel they have to go with the flow.

GOOD POST MAN!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 man I am and always will be proud to be American    Lets not forget those that have served and didnt get to enjoy America as much as we do today.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Support the troops by BECOMING a troop.

Nothing annoys me more than seeing military aged people driving around with the sticker/magnet because it's cool, but if you ask them they say they would never DREAM of joining.

talk is cheap!

Support is all good, but action is better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#4]
<-----Reporting as ordered Sir!

Quoted:
Support the troops by BECOMING a troop.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there anything i can do to get around medical? I wanna do somthin for this great nation but I dont know what I can do.

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is there anything i can do to get around medical? I wanna do somthin for this great nation but I dont know what I can do.

Jeff

What's wrong with your medical?  They give you a bad PULHES code?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Jeff

I've seen lots of waivers pass.  But even if you can't join up with .mil, try helping out USO.  They do so much for the troops, and are ALWAYS hurting for volunteers
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the post.

We get all warm and fuzzy inside when people arent made to thank us.

Oh and please say a prayer for his family. Soldier killed in blast
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
3-L 4-E

Eyesight correctable but legally blind without correction.. not better than 20/40 or so they say... i say 20/20 coreected but marine doc sez otherwise... Right knee injury from soccer in HS. Very little cartilage left. cant run further than a mile without getting all swollen and shitty

Jeff

PS can i do anything to help?

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Volunteer with the USO

Volunteer at your local VA hospital

Spread the good word about the .mil and be the anti-CNN
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
3-L 4-E

Eyesight correctable but legally blind without correction.. not better than 20/40 or so they say... i say 20/20 coreected but marine doc sez otherwise... Right knee injury from soccer in HS. Very little cartilage left. cant run further than a mile without getting all swollen and shitty

Jeff

A 4 in your PULHES is an enlistment killer, sorry to hear that.  There's many things you can do but I dont know what direction to point you in.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Voulenteer at USO already same with .mil hospital. I try to save bout 20 a week from my job to put together care packages and take out some of my .mil friends (marcin just came back from the sandbox and is noticeably diff.)
Jeff

Phules was actually 4L 3E
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#13]
bump

- BG
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]
all who responded to this point get a dollar for remembering our heros. PM paypal for dollars. Im totally serious too.
Jeff
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#15]
+ million then some!!!!

Thank GOD for the home of the brave and a vet for the land of the free!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Navy vet here, awesome post. We should always remember and stand vigilant.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey Jeff, Ya wanta give us the " Paul Harvey " ?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#18]
paul harvey?
Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top