Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 4:06:52 PM EDT
let me give y'all some background.

i've been a member here for a while.  i'm the office gun freak (anyone know the feeling?) and military history buff.  

i work in a criminal defense law firm, i manage the database, and a zillion other things.  i'm not an attorney but i play one on tv.  about a year ago, we had a guy that used to date one of the daughters of the attorneys who work here, we used the guy as a runner and he helped us with jail releases and a bunch of other errands.  

one day he told us he'd signed up.  this was right after he'd worked his way through the university of texas at austin.  we all applauded him and wished him well.  he shipped off to basic, ait, and several other schools.  no, he's not a bs-er, and i expect one day he'll be one of those quiet ones.  helluva good kid.  

the office got together and sent a care package to him in the sandbox with some arabic-english cds.  that was about 3 weeks ago.  here is the response.  i am keeping everyone's email private, ut thought i'd keep the hive in the loop.  this guy's name is Deke.  really.  

this series is going to be known as Letters from Iraq.  

Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 10:40 AM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject:

Hey guys thanks for the package, i listened to it and i can't figure out
how to say i'm going to burn down your village. maybe it's in the next
lesson. it's pretty quiet around here, almost too quiet, i know those
little bastards are a plottin. thanks again, talk to ya soon.

guns go boom,
DK

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top