Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 9:44:12 PM EDT
Ok I know for all intesive purposes class 3 stuff is illegal in California. So how do the movie stuidos get away with the class 3 stuff they have. They have to have a legal way of owning what they own their. Also, is their a way to move there and tkae class 3 stuff you already own with you?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:46:52 PM EDT
From AZ into CA? I higly doubt it.

If you could do that I imagine many people would move from CA to NV and back to CA to live and enjoy the weather or whatever...

You'll probably get more answers in the CA hometown section.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:47:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rasanders22:
Ok I know for all intesive purposes class 3 stuff is illegal in California. So how do the movie stuidos get away with the class 3 stuff they have. They have to have a legal way of owning what they own their. Also, is their a way to move there and tkae class 3 stuff you already own with you?

Its "for all intents and purposes", not intensive purposes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:50:37 PM EDT
I'm thinking the guns aren't real or its flimed else where.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:52:29 PM EDT
Don't quote me on this, but I think movie studios are exempted somehow.

Or maybe the movies that use FAs shoot those scenes outside of California?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:54:14 PM EDT
I remember reading an article about gun rental places for the movie studios complaining about how expensive getting the class 3 stuff is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:54:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 9:56:10 PM EDT by Pthfndr]

Originally Posted By rasanders22:

Even for (unintesive?) (unintensive?) intents and purposes it can be difficult. The type of firearms you mention are not illegal, it's just extremely difficult for the average person to get the required permits. Interestingly enough, the permit requirements were recently made easier for someone making films. At least as far as the CA DOJ is concerned. If you have a legit film production going one only needs to submit finger prints and an application and VOILA!, you get your permit.

I imagine that was done because most all the NFA suppliers to the film industry were leaving the state and someone wanted the money back here again.
Top Top