Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:12:57 AM EDT
So which part of what do i get back i forgot. I also had a child this year.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So which part of what do i get back i forgot. I also had a child this year.

Well, it depends on what forms you need, etc...

Generally speaking, you will need the MI 1040, Federal 1040, your W-2 (if you were employed legally), any 1099-INTs (bank interest) or 1099s for gifts you won/received.

With the MI 1040, there is a Schedule 1 (sort of like the Federal Schedule A) and Schedule W (Withheld tax for state / city if you lived in Detroit)

Federal 1040, there's Schedule A and B that's important. Other forms may be needed depending on your situation.

You "get back" whatever excess you paid in funds. If you didn't pay enough in taxes, you owe some money.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks metro, i used turbotax and it went pretty quick. Everything went through already and i get 3900 back. As soon as that hits my bank im getting my first AR.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Uncle Sam thanks you for the loan.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations on the new baby.  I wish we could get the Hubby's W2s so we can file.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top