Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:36:33 AM EDT
Happy 556!

I'll start with some pics of the collection.

The guns, in order of the 3rd picture:

AR-15: CAV MK II OD Lower with a superlight 16" target crown barrel, A2 upper. The lower reciever was won in an ARFCOM graphic design contest! I completed this build January 3rd.

AR-15: STAG Lower, RRA A3 Upper with post-ban M4gery barrel, detachable carry handle, RRA LPK and Non-collapsible stock. 3 point sling courtesy of ARFCOM! My first AR-15 build, completed last July thanks in no small part to the fine folks here.

Yugoslavian M59/66: My first centerfire rifle, purchased for a princely $100.00 from AIMsurplus.com in November 2003. Probably the most fun I've ever had for 100 dollars.

Marlin Model 15YN: My very first gun, I recieved it for christmas when I was 12 years old. A very fine, accurate weapon that I will proudly teach my own children on in the future and any other child who is interested in shooting.
My first interest in shooting came as a cub scout, where we got to go to the rifle range. However, the Gun Gods played a dastardly trick on this young boy, who was cross-dominant. I would often be so off the mark that I would hit other shooters' targets. Being left-handed and right-eyed made getting into the sport impossible with no one who could guide me. My father purchased me this rifle, and with practice I learned to shoot right handed and right-eyed. Today, I am no marksman, but I have overcome the cross-dominance to enjoy shooting immensely.

Ruger 10/22: I bought this rifle used at a gun show, the second gun I ever personally owned, on my 18th birthday. Between this and my marlin, many boxes of .22lr have been sacrificed. It wasnt long until the craving for a centerfire rifle would make me turn to the SKS.

Mossberg 500: 12gauge, 18.5"/28" barrels. I bought a .22 bolt rifle for my (ex)fiancee for valentines day 2 years ago, when we broke up I was stuck with a 3rd .22 caliber rifle. It brought me bad memories, so I took it to my friendly gunsmith, who traded it and some cash for the mossberg 12 gauge. I have alot of fun with the mossy, its a solid gun.

Mosin-Nagant M91/30: This was my father's christmas present this year. I include it here because it wasa project we worked on together, refinishing the wood, metal, and shooting it. Although my brother and sister, and sometimes my mother and grandfather, shoot with us, shooting is something primarily done by me and my dad. It has been that way for 10 years, so this inexpensive rifle with a few hours of father-son bonding time is a good one.

Iver Johnson M1 Carbine: My grandfather carried an M1 carbine while he was in Korea, prompting my father to buy one of these back in the late 1970's or early 80's. It ain't original, but hell if it isn't fun times. This actually may have been the first rifle I ever fired.

Marlin Model 60:
One day shortly after I purchased my 10/22, my brother started getting antsy for a gun. He had never been interested before, so he never bought one or got one as a gift. My dad started talking about an old model 60 he had when he was a kid, but had no idea if it was still at my grandparents' or not. While I was cleaning the attic, I found it up there, covered in dust. I stripped it, and resurrected it. Still shoots, even though it was made sometime in the 60's and neglected since like early 80's.

Mossberg New Haven 600: My dad's shotgun, it was the gun I got my first deer with. Unlike my 500, it has a steel reciever and a 22" sighted slug barrel. I first shot it on a snowy day when I was 13 or 14 at a milk jug, and the sheer power behind it stunned me. I love shotguns.

Traditions Hawken Rifle, Percussion Lock .50 Caliber Muzzle Loader: Black Powder is alot of fun, and cheap to shoot. Great for extending the hunting season a few days.

In NY State, thanks to the various laws in place, I cannot own a pistol until my permit is returned to me from the government. I submitted it in october. Until then, Its all rifles for me.

I'd just like to extend my thanks to everyone on this site for making it what it is, special thanks to the guys in survival forum, for keeping it real there, and GD, for making life interesting at all times. Best to all of you, and keep on truckin'

Top Top