Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:33:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 5:34:12 AM EDT by Retched_Rick]
I downloaded a driver accidently for a printer I am using and it was not the correct driver. Now what is popping up is the new hardware wizard looking to install a new printer and I can't seem to get rid of it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:37:16 AM EDT
remove that driver. redownload the correct driver for your printer and operating system. follow the steps. sometimes you need to have the printer data cable unplugged before the intallation starts. sometimes the printer data cable needs to be hooked up before installation. the manual will tell you this
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:48:59 AM EDT
"PC Load Letter. What the fuck is that?!"
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:49:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By xinflt:

huh
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:14:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 8:15:44 AM EDT by xinflt]

Originally Posted By cruze5:

Originally Posted By xinflt:

huh

from Wikipedia:

"The phrase is a long standing joke and cause for confusion for computer users because most users could not (and still cannot) decipher its meaning. The term was popularized by the cult movie Office Space. Michael Bolton (David Herman), one of the three main protaganists, reads the error message read from the LCD status display on a computer printer (although it looked like a fax machine). Ironically, this message appeared on the display just after Bolton filled the printer's cassette with blank paper. Frustrations such as this led the main characters of the film to take revenge on the malfunctioning printer by destroying it in a vacant field."

Edit: It's an Office Space thing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:25:17 AM EDT
i've seen the movie. just forgot bout that part
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:32:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cruze5:
i've seen the movie. just forgot bout that part

Plus everybody knows that means to load letter sized paper into the paper cassette (also known as tray 2). The more rare error is MP LOAD LETTER, as you would have to tell the driver to pull the paper from the multipurpose tray.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:31:55 PM EDT
This went in the wrong direction
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:32:41 PM EDT
Cruze, the problem is i don't know where to go to delete the driver....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:41:17 PM EDT
was this a setup file you downloaded from a web page that automatically installed the driver? if it is it will be listed under add/remove programs. (in the control panel)

if you manually added it you can just delete the printer icon under controlpanel > printers. then reinstall the correct one
Top Top