Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 7:32:15 PM EDT
Why do I even bother going anymore....

Apparently there's a huge market for single barrel shotguns and revolvers, because that's about all anybody had today.

Of course there were some highlights:

M-14 "Presentation Rifle" = $11,500.00
M-14 "National Match" = $9500.00
K-98 Mauser ( surplus quality that sold for $175 on the internet sites) = $700.00
SKS = avg. $500-600.00
Beat all to hell USGI 20rd Colt Mags = $25 each
$69 Mosin-Nagant = $275

Overhearing some of the conversations: when some of the customers would try to work a deal with these sellers....the sellers would get that " you just cut a cheesy fart" look on their face and take a smartass tone like you just insulted their mother.

I swear sometimes I think these guys don't wanna sell anything, they just want to show everybody all the crap they got layin' around the house.
And don't insult them trying to low-ball price their 1911...that was used by General Patton, when he charged up SanJuan Hill and captured both Maximillian and Herman Goering with only one Black Talon left in the chamber.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:08:53 PM EDT
The only gun show that I go to anymore is Knob Creek. The rest of them around here suck almost as bad as the "computer sale/shows".
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:15:15 PM EDT
Gun shows here are usually good, decent prices, dealers that will deal with you instead of demanding sticker price.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:18:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GoVol98:
Why do I even bother going anymore.... posting the same old shit that everyone posts nowadays about gunshows, when they take themselves to the show and then complain about it?

Apparently there's a huge market for single barrel shotguns and revolvers, because that's about all anybody had today.

Of course there were some highlights:

M-14 "Presentation Rifle" = $11,500.00
M-14 "National Match" = $9500.00
K-98 Mauser ( surplus quality that sold for $175 on the internet sites) = $700.00
SKS = avg. $500-600.00
Beat all to hell USGI 20rd Colt Mags = $25 each
$69 Mosin-Nagant = $275

Overhearing some of the conversations: when some of the customers would try to work a deal with these sellers....the sellers would get that " you just cut a cheesy fart" look on their face and take a smartass tone like you just insulted their mother.

I swear sometimes I think these guys don't wanna sell anything, they just want to show everybody all the crap they got layin' around the house.
And don't insult them trying to low-ball price their 1911...that was used by General Patton, when he charged up SanJuan Hill and captured both Maximillian and Herman Goering with only one Black Talon left in the chamber.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:19:15 PM EDT
wow thats pretty shitty and though shows around here are bad
that said alot of those guys just go for the entertainment and getting away from the wife for the weekend
I still see some guns that the same dealers had 10 years ago when i was hitting the shows

if they would not keep changing the price inflation might have made them MSRP by now
Top Top