Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 5:10:13 AM EDT
I was diagnosed last week with epilepsy. Had a stroke in July of 2004 went down this July with what doctors thought was a combination of dehydration and the side effect of Crestor (cholesterol medication). I had a seizure Sunday Dec. 4th. Spent the week in the hospital on IV getting rid of a high level of CPK an enzyme various muscle in your body discharge when damaged. This happens when one has a heart attack, does a heavy workout or in my case a convulsion caused by a seizure.  
Doctors are saying 2 seizures make epilepsy. Worst part is I’ve been told I should not drive until we are certain that the medication I’m on will control the seizures. That could be 6 months,
Anyone know someone diagnosed with epilepsy and if so how are they faring? This whole thing puts a huge burden on my wonderful wife of 29+ years. She has me to worry about and her mother who’s in the middle stages of dementia.  She’s an only child and we have only one son living in Brooklyn and we’re in Florida.
There I feel better.
Gerry

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:11:46 AM EDT
[#1]
You know what to do.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Gerry - I don't know anyone to tell you about but my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top