Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2001 7:54:39 PM EDT
I took my FAL out to play today.  It ran fine, but I had to elevate the rear sight to 400M to get it to hit at 100M.

What's the trick to adjusting the front sight to compensate?  I couldn't get it to go using cartridge tips and depressing things and trying to turn it.  I know it's supposed to take some special tool which I don't have and am not inclined to buy unless absolutely necessary.

I would ask on FALfiles but it's been down lately.

Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
a snap ring pliers als o works to adjust the front site.
when you are able to adjust it turning it clockwise should raise your elev. keep in mind there are 3? different front site heights. each f/site has "dots" on it. cannot remember which is which.
go to www.fnfal.com to find out more info. one more thing. the site may be stuck due to it needing cleaning. when you get it to move, you might want to take it out and check to see if it needs cleaning.
i have mine turned all the way down. and i still need to raise it up a tad more, so i am going to take a stone to it "just a little" off the top.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
all of the above options are correct...Tapco also offers a front site adjustment tool for about $5...snap ring pliers are prolly the cheapest though.

May I ask what type of ammo you were running through it? And, what/who's FAL is it?

TIA, sorry to be so nosy...[:I]ch

www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell I don't even know what snap ring pliars are . . .  oh well, learn something new every day.  Maybe I'll just have to be on the lookout for one of those $5 tools.

DSA 16-inch, ammo is Portuguese ball.

Hey bratty, seeing as the FAL site's down, any idea whatever happened to the FALfiles shirts?  I think I bought mine around Thanksgiving and I'm still waiting!
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The numbers on the front sight correspond to "centimeters @ 100 meters", and are graduated by five.

If you are tired of waiting you can buy one of Bratty and My AZEXARMS T's. They say "quality...no apologies." on the front and under a big pic of a FAL, they say "If guns cause crime, matches cause arson."

D.

www.azexarms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top