Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2001 2:32:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The 40% is probably a estimate...it`s off i bet and it`s probably more like 60.......one of my nieghbors is a anti gunner, yet when you get around to the talk, to fit in, he starts telling about his 22 rifle, 12 guage, AND his ruger mark 1 pistol! (legal)...of course, he won`t part with any of them, because they were his guns growing up, and he 'just wants to hang on to them"......the ultimate hipocrite....this is were he`s at today, because his current love interest is anti......he does have the guns, i seen em`...tried to get him to sell them to me (or barter)....no way....it`s all BULLSHIT!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#4]
it's not logical because it's a crusade against all gunowners.  it's not worried about safety. it's a hidden agenda disguised as a common sense question.  the wife's motivation is logical.  she doesn't care whether there are guns in the house, just that the children do NOT have access to them.  this message says children shouldn't be in homes with guns period.  very different message.  and evidently their agenda is working on you, FrankSquid.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it is totally anti-gun........
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]
...and ask if they have swimming pools, attack dogs that may be some what defensive of siblings should a wrestling match break out, any 5 gallon buckets, poisons under the kitchen sink, access to matches/lighters, ect. ect. ect.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...and ask if they have swimming pools, attack dogs that may be some what defensive of siblings should a wrestling match break out, any 5 gallon buckets, poisons under the kitchen sink, access to matches/lighters, ect. ect. ect.
View Quote

That's right!
And don't forget the automobile. They are involved in more children's deaths than guns. Don't let your kids play with a neighbor who has a car.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Jeezus how I hate these freakin' IDIOTS.  Propagandists.  Scumbags.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Shit like that just pisses me off to no end[:(!][:(!][:(!]

I would no more ask if someone kept guns in their home than I would ask if they kept steak knives in their home.
Talk about racist & judgemental!!
Yes I think gun owners are their own race.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
it's not logical because it's a crusade against all gunowners.  it's not worried about safety. it's a hidden agenda disguised as a common sense question.  the wife's motivation is logical.  she doesn't care whether there are guns in the house, just that the children do NOT have access to them.  this message says children shouldn't be in homes with guns period.  very different message.  and evidently their agenda is working on you, FrankSquid.
View Quote

No I don't think the agenda is working on frank. I tell my kids the drill if they go over a friends house and they see a gun. I don't ask the parents but my kids don't have that many friends that I don't know the parrents. I have to say a lot of gun owners are not responsible with their guns. Even though the agenda is anti gun and not for saftey,It has started with a valid point of a certain amount of people with guns are not responsible. I am a gunner but I have to say I have seen these people at the range that don't know how to handle a firearm. So if they don't know how to handle it while shooting then when they get home they are even worse cause they don't know how to store it or do anything else with it. I know the anti's exploit everything for their agenda but a very small fraction of a percent they are right.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When ever my kids go to someone's house, my wife asks if they have guns, if the answer is yes, then she asks if they are locked up. If she is not happy with the way they answer the question, my kids don't play there. I don't think the sign is unreasonable and as a matter of fact, it seems to be one of the most logical "anti" signs I have seen in a while. flame on......
View Quote

Thumbs up to your wife frank. Being in anti gun states the people are not encouraged to have guns so they are not taught the right way. Meaning a hobby passed down from generation to generation. So the respect is not there. The attitude is more bang bang bang and not safety sportsmanship etc.. Not all in the anti gun states are like this but I find when you are encourager from a youngster the respect factor is there. Not like a 40 year old guy that wants a gun to just pull the trigger and go bang. Then leaves it in a drawer for a kid to find cause the novelty wore off.
Your wife is doing the right thing Frank. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#13]
If you ask me, 40% isn't enough! 80% + of homes with kids should have guns. Where the hell do you think the next generation of shooters is going to come from?[sniper][:D]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#14]
At their website, [url]www.askingsaveskids.com[/url], it states...
If the answer is YES...you need to make absolutely sure that all guns are stored unloaded and locked - ideally in a gun safe - with ammunition locked separately. Hiding guns is not enough. There are countless tragic stories of kids finding guns that parents thought were well hidden. If you have any doubts about the safety of someone's home, you can invite the children to play at your house instead.
View Quote

I can understand locking up a gun in a safe so that kids can get to them, but why the ammo locked separately?  I would think that if both are [b]locked[/b] in the safe, it wouldn't matter if they are separate or not. Besides, you might need to access the gun and having the ammo right there will make loading it much faster.

I'm just glad I don't have any kids in the house.  I like having quick access to my "arsenal".

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 1:04:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes I think gun owners are their own race.

ColtShorty
View Quote

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard...
To suggest that gun-owners are a seperate element (i.e- A specific race or group) disassociated from regular society is giving the antis what they want.
Gun owners are all races...
They are of all persuasions...
They are of all economic background...

We aren't a sepreate element of society,
we [b]A_R_E[/b] society.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I wish I had that girls bullet proof vest.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No I don't think the agenda is working on frank.
View Quote

i wasn't referring to his asking kid's friends' parents about the presence of guns.  but i can see where my post wasn't that clear.

i was referring to his calling the sign "logical."  that's what they want.  if they can get that, then it's just one more step to foster a belief that your child would have access to that gun.  and then another small step that your child might play with that gun.  and then another small step that your child could pull the trigger.  and so on and so forth.  of course, WE ardent protectors of the 2nd amendment won't fall for that.  but lots of other fence sitters will.  even fence sitters probably wouldn't support an outright ban.  they don't use incrementalism because it doesn't work.

Link Posted: 7/26/2001 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Did you know 67% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
LMAO!

Quoted:
Did you know 67% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
View Quote

In addition, 66.68% of said 67% give no information as to the demographical area or quantity of persons polled for said statistic. Generally (17-38.36%), 33% of that 66.8% pool's statistical results are comprised of 15% manure and 15% post-rectal air (+/- 3% error).

[;D]
CS

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#21]
ok i just got this from mcuzi.com
thanks imbrog|io

[img]http://www.mcuzi.com/imbroglio/poster.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#22]
and then theres this one

thanks who ever made it

[img]www.mcuzi.com/sinistralrifleman/scareday.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 4:53:46 AM EDT
[#25]
I think the stat for households with firearms is something like 62% where I live. I haven't heard of an accidental or even intentional shooting of a child in our area (population about 1.5 million) within the last several years. I think I smell a rat.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#26]
The BPV wouldn't help, my kids always go for the head shots...
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:40:55 AM EDT
[#27]
ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top