Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2001 8:53:25 PM EDT
After the story about the FBI and the missing guns and computers, have any of our LEO members done the same, especially with weapons taken off perps or suspects.
If I was in that job, it would be real tempting to "try out" some of the hardware you come across.
I was talking with a former FBI agent today and he said the only thing he ever did like that was take a FA Thompson they had seized and tested it out at the official range.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard of LEOs using drinking all of the alcohol they seized from under 21ers after they wetn off duty.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#2]
A retired fed told me they used to have parties with all the booze and drugs they seized. When I specifically mentioned "even the drugs" he did some serious back peddeling. I remember saying something like "that's why some of us civies think you guys are hypocrites at times" Basically I thought he was a pretty good guy, just kinda opened my eyes a bit more about the state of current LE, be it local,state or federal. I pretty much liked the guy, he was a Vietnam vet and was very unapologetic to all the tree hugger types we were surrounded by at work. had alot of great stories and funny ones to.
It's tough not to like the vets, especially the Vietnam vets. I'm old enough to remember as a kid all the shit they took after they were lucky enough to make it back home alive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top