Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2001 11:11:54 AM EDT
I am usually a bushmaster fan, but I have found a few colt rifles for $799 a piece, A2 type, 20 In bbl.
1. These have a typical screw pivot pin in teh front hole, but they also have, on the right side, the raised channel that a spring and detent would go in to hold a standard reciever push pin spring and detent. Can I removed teh screw reciever pin and install a standard push pin, or does the spring and detent retainer area lack teh drilled hole to insert a pushpin spring and detent.
2. Are the pins on this rifle the offsized ones? It is most definetly a postban rifle.
3. Is $799 an exceptional price, or about standard? If it is about standard, I will go with a Bush A2 20 in BBL rifle instead.
TIA
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
C-Rion

I too purchased a Colt exactly like that last December.  I don't know the anser to the pin question, but it would be nice to put a standard pin up there.

My Colt, out of the box was a little more reliable than ARlady's Bushmaster.  However, after breaking in her gun, and thrashing the frakenmag 10 rounder that came with it, it has proven utterly relialbe.

In fact, the whole point of this, is I like shooting her Bushmaster better than the Colt, her gun doesn't rattle as much as mine does either!  Kind of subjective and totally open to flaming, but I'm pretty impressed with the Bushmaster weapons.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Answers:

1.)  ?? Sorry ask somebody else, not familiar with spring/detent parts on the FRONT pivot pin.
2.)  Only the TRIGGER pins are offsized (about .020" than normal - somebody has the exact number), but I believe that both the takedown and front pivot pins are of mil-spec size.
3.)  For a standard profile 20" barreled A2, $799 is a [i]fair[/i] price for a Colt.  I got mine for $690, which is a GOOD price for a Colt A2.  The prices will be about the same, but to get a chrome-lined barrel (which some people are into) and to avoid trigger upgrade problems brought about my larger pins, I'd have to place my vote on the Bushmaster.

Good Huntin'
[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top