Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 5:52:34 AM EDT
What is the best type of cell phone to get?  I understand that there is a type of cell phone that is digitally encrypted.  Is all or some of the cell phones conversations trackable with scanners?  Are certain brands better than others?  Which cell phone companies offer the best deals?

Is there any possible way to use a cell phone hook-up for a laptop computer modem, so it can be use to access the internet(this site) from anywhere a regular phone line is not accessible?

Scooter.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know much about encryption of digital phones but, Yes you can use your cell phone to hook up to a laptop modem. There is an adapter you purchase seperately.

Forgot, you can also get a dedicated wireless conection to your laptop for DSL like service. Ricochet offers this service.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking from personal experience(look at my e-mail) buy a Nokia. Most of the digital phones are encrypted and very hard to monitor. Deals?
Pick one there are lots. I would recommend spending more on the phone to get something that
will be current in the market for longer.
Any more questions hit my e-mail.....
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a old analog Motorola flip.Its so old no one even knows there still in use.So no one listens.Tricky huh?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
For 9.00 a month and .01 cent a minute would you switch?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#6]
MOTOROLA!!!

Go to their website and check out their phones.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Just don't buy your wife one.  Holy shit! She's killin me.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to [url]www.point.com[/url]   They have good comparisons between phones and plans.    
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#9]
What about service?  I heard AT&T is against the Second Ammendment, what about Sprint? Others?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top