Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2001 6:32:07 AM EDT
We have a lot of new faces here, and some highly visible moderators in most of the forums.

It would be interesting to see a brief curriculum vitae from each moderator outlining their approximate age, backgound, profession, interests, etc.  I find that it makes for a more comfortable and credible atmosphere it you can add a somewhat "personal" touch.

What do you say?  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's mine

DOB 08-06-73
Hobbies: AR15's & military rifles, handguns and handloading. Also into FPS games like counterstrike and Op flashpoint.
Enjoying a longterm relationship with my girlfriend.

Registered my name on AR15.com 11/98, became moderator of M&C forum sometime in '99 or '00 and moderator of GD with AntiUSSA and DonR shortly after that.
Entered into the staff of AR15 recently.

Likes: Honest upfront people, selfreliance and responsibility.
Dislikes: Hypocrites and lying people.

That's about all you're gonna get out of me on the internet.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]
garandman vital statistics:

Born: 4-27-67
Absolutely hates:  lying
Hobbies: Highpower Competition (newbie, but learning) Used to race ATV's a little. Enjoy offroad vehicles.

Used to write for several newspapers as an unpaid guest columnist. Would really like to getting back to doing that. Favorite topic: RKBA.

Current projects: Writing a book detailing God's grace to man thru Salvation in Jesus Christ. Salvation is at teh same time simple enuf for a child to understand, yet too profound to fully grasp in a lifetime of learning.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Why Kuiper, you're just a pup!  [:D]

garandman, I'd be interesting in reading your book.  While we are of different religions, I find other's beliefs fascinating.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, makes me feel old when the mods are all younger than I am...
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I was really expecting a lot more interest here.  Looks like either no one cares, or those who do care already know "everything" about you.

[bounce]

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#11]
well mods it looks like you've found yourselfs a new cyberstalker(Bud) so watch your backs.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Age) 23

[B]Occupation)[/B] Long Haul Trucker/ PT Daycare center owner

[B]Hobbies)[/B] Handloading the .25ACP, and
[red]BUTT-NAKED IPSC!!!!![/red]

[B]Likes)[/B] AR15.com, trolling, and the 10MM which is so god damn superior to every damn round out there that anyone who dosen't own a Glock 20 is marginally queer.

[B]Dislikes)[/B] The majority of people in this photo
[B]Religion[/B] Hindu

[B]Politics)[/B] I want this country to isolate the segment of the population that uses firearms in crime the most, and ship thier asses to any of the following-

1) The continent they came from (Whatever continent that may be)
2) Siberia.
3) The Oven

[B]Women)[/B] GOD if any of you only knew....You wouldn't believe me...

McUZI...AR15.com Moderator since 4/99

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Lew Tippie,

8 years USMC (3+ with the USMC Service Rifle
Team)
1 1/2 yrs VANG (all with the All Guard rifle team)
6 Years Army (All with the USAMU, Service rifle & International Pistol teams)
February-present USAR

Currently: Construction Manager for a communications company.

Hobbies: Highpower Rifle NRA/CMP, IPSC, IRC, PPC

Tortoises/turtles-I have about 30 currently.

Shooting highlites:
Firing Member of:
5-Winning Interservice 10 Man Teams
3-Winning National Trophy Team Matches(The Dogs Of War)CMP
2-Winning NRA Enlisted Men's Team Matches
5-Winning NRA 1000yd Team National Championships

1999 & 2000 Rattlesnake Trophy(CMP)
2000 FORCECOM Trophy(CMP)
1993 & 2000 Reynolds Trophy(Interservice)
1995 & 1996 NRA Service Rifle Long Range National Champion(Atkins Trophy)

1993 & 1999 Interservice Highpower Rifle Champion
Distinguished Marksman(USMC 1993)
Distinguished Rifleman(US Army 1995)
Presidents Hundred (9 times 1991-2000)

Likes: Shooters, steak, adult beverages(only to excess), Good guns.

Dislikes: Wannabes, trash guns, dial-ups, flying, intollerant a$$es that hang around for the soul purpose of starting crap.

I read the old forums, and read starting again in April. The admin, and the shooters on the Competition board allow me to put ideas on screen.

And, I enjoy taking out the trash.

Lew Tippie[smash]

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]
31 year old, married, father of one.

Dislikes:
Ickey people.

Long walks on the beach, women with large--... oh never mind.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Jesus Christ Lew Tippie (For some reason, that name rings a bell)

Did you really win all that?

Damn dude.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Highlites.
I tried to use your tax dollars well.
Yes, all of that.
I'm proudest of the Team stuff.
Lew
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Highlites.
I tried to use your tax dollars well.
Yes, all of that.
I'm proudest of the Team stuff.
Lew
View Quote

I am usually in the NW once a year...
Do you give lessons?
I am pretty good, but not 1/2 as good as you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm 30 years old, I'm newly engaged to my longtime girlfriend (I proposed last Saturday[:)]), I'm a new resident of Arizona after spending my whole life in California.

I've been a member here since roughly August of 1999, and I lurked here for a while previously.
I haven't been a moderator very long, and I like to think that I'm fair with my responsibilities here.

For a living I work with High-end audio equipment, fabricating extreme car stereo systems for competition and demonstration vehicles. I've been doing this for at least 12 years as a job, but I've also done other things during that time (like private security for a feature dancer, hosting a few Hollywood night clubs, and generally getting paid to have a good time). The stereo business pays my bills, but it's not quite the same passion I had years ago. I sometimes wish there was something else I was good at that would make me some money, so I could return the stereo thing to a hobby.

My interests include shooting, of course, but probably even more than shooting, I like tinkering and building things. That's probably why I like the mechanics of firearms so much, and like customizing and upgrading my weapons.

I've been strongly intrigued by guns as long as I can remember, since I was a small child.

And I used to be afraid of mannequins. Not anymore. [;)]

-Cory, Moderator of General Discussion
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Troy I've been in DP for 24 years now, when exactly did Data Processing become Information Technology??[:)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:03:52 AM EDT
[#21]
NYSHooter is right.  I am a demented cyberstalker, and ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!

I reality I am a middle aged "educated redneck" from Texas.  DonR, EdAvilaSr, and a few others know me.  Glad to get to know a bit more about the rest of you folks.

Bud
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Bud,  you namedropper...
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I was going to post but don't want the info used against me & since other non Mods have jumped in also with fake info there isn't much point now.[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Link Posted: 6/23/2001 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#24]
AHHH, 'Cmon G&B,
Don't stop because of a couple of posts.

_McUZI,
Thanks for the compliments.
Sometimes I really don't know how to deal with you. On one hand, my chosen profession won't allow me to NOT teach you....On the other hand, I have thought about getting myself kicked off this site by telling you what I think about you and your antics. But, you have heard about all the insults, and taken the lava baths...and still manage to start crap....lots of crap.

Turn away from the dark side McLuke. I believe if you put as much energy into shooting as you do trying to get attention, I, and all of the rest of the shooters here would have a difficult time keeping up with you.

Lew[smash]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#25]
No Kidding Lew!

It is scary what he could accomplish (think Hitler or MLK).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top