Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2001 12:20:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive shot some of it before without any problems. I found it to be as accurate as most other blasting ammo. I only fired a couple hundred rounds but I don't have any complaints with it at all. Ive still got the brass either in component form or loaded ammo somewhere.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot it in every one of my AR's. I've gone through thousands of rounds of PMC. Always been reliable for me. Accuracy is acceptable out to 100 yards (the furthest I've shot it).
Most people think the muzzle flash with post ban guns is excessive. I could never really tell.
Good brass to reload with once you remove the primer crimp.

Link Posted: 6/17/2001 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I use PMC all the time.

PMC is what my range prefers (over Winchester whitebox) to use in their rental AR-15. (I know this because that was the first AR I shot, and I rented it, and loved it).

Personally, I've only used it once in my ARs. That one time was because I was having extraction/ejection problems, and wanted to see if it was the ammo I was using. I have couple thousand rounds of Remington, and Winchester; so that's what I use.

[Edited because I read what I posted]
I [b][u]used to[/u][/b], use PMC all the time. Before I got my own ARs
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never had any problems with PMC.
I have shot plenty in 223, 9MM and 45.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Overall I prefer PMC for any FMJ or Hardball type ammo. It's never done me wrong!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:07:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Great plinking ammo, great price (I can get it for 2.99 a box when Turner's has a sale), but a little under powered for "real" use.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent ammo for plinking in all calibers. Very reliable.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]
My friend that reloads calls PMC Pretty Much Crap because they have a problem with off center flash holes. Not fun when decapping pins keep getting bent.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#9]
PMC is very good ammo. I have shot well over 1,500 rounds and have NEVER had a problem with it. Muzzle flash is pretty bad, and it is a little dirty, but very reliable. As far as the off center flash holes I've heard about, I've never had a problem. I have reloaded somewhere around 1,000 PMC cases and have never had an off center flash hole.

For the money, it is one of the best brands of ammo out there. Ammoman has it for $180 a case, BTW. Get it from him if you decide to buy it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:14:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I have shot all kinds of PMC ammo, 38SPL, 9mmPARA, 357Rem Mag(a bit much in terms of flash but quite serviceable), 45ACP, 223Rem & 308Win.  No problems.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I prefer PMC over whitebox. It is a bit dirtier, but not enough to foul anything.  Go for it if you can get a good deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top