Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2001 10:24:07 PM EDT
I have been battling back pain for 1 1/2 years now due to four leaking disks.  I had a double level fussion last January.  It stopped the leg numbness, but not the overall pain level.  

Well this week (after straining my back again) I finally got fed up with it all.  I decided to try something new, so I went and saw an Accupunturist (sp?). [i]My lord what a difference!![/i]  I went in barely able to stand up.  But after only 30 minutes I was able to not only stand up straight but was 100% relaxed for the first time in months!!  It felt so good I couldn't believe it.

I am sold on this proceedure.  I only wish I would have tried it earlier.  Heck I can even lay/shoot prone now...something I haven't been able to do since the injury.[beer]

Anyone else have experience with accupuncture??

sgtar15

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup...  it sure do work!  I've done it for various pain(s) and the smoking thing...  currently still working on the smoking.  Has a 2,500 year history of development and you don't end up sliced/diced...  and missing body parts.  
[8D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have Serious back pain.
I have so far refused to see the doc about it. But every day the pain (excruciating) is worse.

Some days are better than others.

I don't want to go see the docs because I am genuinley afraid of what they will tell me.
My job requires me to be very physical when working and I can't bear the thought of not being able to work.

My back slips in and out of place more than an impatient driver during rush hour.
Just sitting up I feel crunches. No longer "just pops".
But then as soon as I relax I am already out of alignment.
And in agony.

Glad you have found some relief. I would love to hear the particulars if you'd care to email them to me.

Thanks,

Del
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Accupuncture worked for Barbara Mandrell.  She and her children were in a bad car accident in 1984.  She had back pain that medical doctors could not treat.  She had several treatments of accupuncture done and it cured the problem.  I recommend her biography, Get To The Heart.  She is very pro-gun too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Having been involved in martial arts for a number of years, I am also a believer of accupuncture. As well as chiropractic addjustments and herbal medicines. They work folks!! Especially herbal medicine. It is designed to cure you not mask the symptoms. Herbology has been around for centuries. so has accupuncture. Obviously if you have something that is needing surgery that's a different story. But as far as preventitive medicine is concerned I am all for ancient school of thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#6]
delmarksman,
"I feel your pain"(couldn't resist). I've suffered with back pain for a few years, went to the doctor, got pills, tried 2 chiropractors,no relief. Then, a friend referred me to his chiropractor,insisting that he would be able to help me. I thought I'd give it one more try. he took an Xray, checked me out, then said "I'm going to take your pain away today". and he did! he also said weekly adjustments are unnecessary, only to come in if the pain returns. I've only had to get adjusted 3 or 4 times in the last 5 yrs. So, don't suffer with it, try to find a good chiropractor.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Back pain does stink!

i am a physical therapist here in new york, as well as a martial arts instructor

acupuncture if done by a good practitioner can be a very valuable tool in combatting back pain...

i've also heard many good things about chiropractors, as in all things... get recommendations, and follow those leads...

good luck, and i hope you many pain free years ahead!!  : )

Jeff C./NY~~Blade
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
So do crunches... And [):)]. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to do an internal martial art called ba gua.  It's sort of like tai chi, but more physical.  Anyway, I was into it for a couple of years, learning from a Taiwanese master and his best American student. I wasn't progressing after a while and I wanted to see if an acupuncturist could help open the meridans that chi passes through.  I had a few blocks that I couldn't wear down through ba gua.  No acupuncturists in Anchorage knew how to do that, but I got a referral to an acupuncturist in LA and went to see him.

He stuck the needles into my hands and legs, but when he tried to pull them out, he couldn't.  My chi was grabbing the damn needles and wouldn't let them go.  He didn't think my internal strength would be that great.  He had to pull them out with pliers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He stuck the needles into my hands and legs, but when he tried to pull them out, he couldn't.  My chi was grabbing the damn needles and wouldn't let them go.  He didn't think my internal strength would be that great.  He had to pull them out with pliers.
View Quote

Dude good thing you did not open up fully. You could've been bouncing on that table and creating such a resonance that you would been breaking stuff around you. Seen that happen once at a demo. The guy actually got written up on SF Chronicle. He started bouncing around and gyrating in the middle of a brick breaking demo. There were chairs that was about 10 feet from him and they started bouncing up and down too. Lasted for about 3 mins. The paper attributed it to telekinetic energy and made him out to be some kinda pshycic. LOL Weird shit to witness when you're a fifteen year old.

Hey you ever heard of Hsing-I, been wanting to learn that but couldn't find a good enough instructor nearby. There was one when I was in CA but he had early morning classes. I had to be at work by 0500 couldn't make it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top