Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page
9/26/2026 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Quit being a cheapskate. Pry open that wallet and pay for the good ones.

Or support companies like Tromix who is one of our own here making specialty and tunable ones.

Or get fakes and get ripped off. It’s not about mass. It’s about the reciprocal mass TonyRumor nailed it.
View Quote

Thanks for the rec. Great price, thanks!
9/27/2026 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Sorad9:

It’s the PSA Daily Deal Crowd trying to clip Pennie’s.

Just buy and move on or drop firearms as a hobby and be poor elsewhere.
View Quote



I've met cats and dogs smarter than Cory and Trevor.
9/27/2026 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I cornered the market on tungsten weights when I got my first FRT. but if I was in the market now, I'd buy Tony's buffer or KAK's BCG. Some people have combined systems to slow the ROF.
Get both is the answer.
9/27/2026 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Crimlon:
AU has Colt H3's right now for $59, not bad really
View Quote


Thank you, just snagged a few.
9/27/2026 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The Simpsons - Allen Wrench (Tungsten)
If it's horrible, it exists. If it's beautiful, you're imagining it.
9/27/2026 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By BluffDweller:





Alas, the frugal know the difference between possessive and plural when it comes to pinching Penny's pennies.
View Quote

Hey now, let’s not derail the thread over public education.  
9/27/2026 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Yep

https://armsunlimited.com/colt-carbine-h3-buffer/

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Originally Posted By Crimlon:
AU has Colt H3's right now for $59, not bad really
Yep

https://armsunlimited.com/colt-carbine-h3-buffer/





No, they don't.  OOS.
I love a good double entendre.
9/27/2026 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bluebayou:
Yah, the Kaw Valley has a stainless body and brass weights.  The stainless body makes up the difference of the 5.4 oz weight.  So there isn’t as much reciprocating mass.
View Quote

Had no idea.  Thanks.
9/27/2026 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 797hp:
I did, just ordered four of the Tromix buffers
View Quote
I just bought one for $53 at a pawn shop.  It was different looking and had a different design but I couldn't find any regular H3 buffers at all.  He had one left so I might go back and buy that one too.
9/27/2026 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quote History

Those use brass weights, just like the Kaw Valley buffers.  As noted by another poster, brass weights don't have sufficient mass.
9/27/2026 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By AR18:
I am going to just wait for depleted uranium to become available.
View Quote

I've sent tons of DU to Clive and Barnwell to be buried.  Can't imagine how much has been disposed of that way in the last 30 years.
9/27/2026 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#12]
TROMIX has been working great in our L6 testing. We are playing with the ODIN Works one as well, but it needs a specific spring.
9/27/2026 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Would the tromix work in a non surpressed, non frt sbr?
9/27/2026 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Would the tromix work in a non surpressed, non frt sbr?
View Quote

Yes it will.
I don't see no Americans. I see trespassers.
9/27/2026 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, speaking of tungsten prices. Just saw 410 tss turkey loads for $8 PER ROUND locally

9/27/2026 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Be careful, at that price it may be a fake steel H3 that is made from steel and doesn't have the needed reciprocating mass.

Tromix has a special steel design where the whole back end moves. They're $40 and work great on FRT's.
View Quote
+2 for Tromix
9/27/2026 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:
Well, speaking of tungsten prices. Just saw 410 tss turkey loads for $8 PER ROUND locally

https://i.ibb.co/ksmbxsMs/IMG-7370.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.ibb.co/ksmbxsMs/IMG-7370.jpg
View Quote

To be fair. As someone that built a .410 SBS early this year and bought a bunch of ammo for it last year, .410 has never been cheap.

I actually noticed how ridiculous tungsten .410 is last week when looking at the either Scheels or Midway monthly mailer. It’s more expensive per shot than 50bmg and most of the more expensive hunting cartridges.
Not everyone gets to be an astronaut, the world needs pole dancers too. ~Observer
9/27/2026 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Never had an FRT, not legal in the free stare of FL, but I've been running H3s in most of my builds for years and never noticed any negative impact from it.

Some I bought as H3 units, some I assembled from tungsten weight kits.
9/27/2026 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Singlestack_Wonder:
Been using these for a few years. They work great, especially for suppressed rifles as they eliminate the spring noise.

https://armaspec.com/stealthtm-recoil-spring-srstm-ar15.html
View Quote
I have the H3 version of that, need to try it with my Disruptor.
Can't believe I actually said "scrotum lady" out loud. - Agent Funky

Zero to DeeJ in about 5 posts. - Troutman84
9/27/2026 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I wish I knew about the Tromix ones. I just bought two Spikes H3 buffers for $100 each.
Find around and fuck out.
9/27/2026 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone mentioned tromix? Get one of those.

I liked my h2 because it ran ok but it was like a buzz saw. The tromix knocked it back a bit on rpm.
9/27/2026 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#22]
One of these always stops bolt bounce, even if severely over gassed.  

https://tromix.com/product/ar-15-h3-buffer-carbine/
Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
9/27/2026 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By MT_Mauser:
Has anyone mentioned tromix? Get one of those.

I liked my h2 because it ran ok but it was like a buzz saw. The tromix knocked it back a bit on rpm.
View Quote

Nope, no one has mentioned it yet. Thank you for the idea
Yesterday 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:
Well, speaking of tungsten prices. Just saw 410 tss turkey loads for $8 PER ROUND locally

https://i.ibb.co/ksmbxsMs/IMG-7370.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.ibb.co/ksmbxsMs/IMG-7370.jpg
View Quote




Is lead banned for turkeys now too?
I love a good double entendre.
Yesterday 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Originally Posted By AR18:
I am going to just wait for depleted uranium to become available.
View Quote

How about neutronium?  Then you'd only need 1 weight...one very small weight.
Yesterday 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Amazon had Tungsten buffer weights just under $70 for 3.
Yesterday 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:



https://a.co/d/0bY6d1Ee

These are the ones I bought.  I think they were cheaper in 2025 though.
View Quote



Wow.

Yesterday 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
View Quote

Yup.
We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?
Yesterday 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:
Amazon had Tungsten buffer weights just under $70 for 3.
View Quote


Dang, that's getting close to $300/lb. I have about 200 pounds of scrap tungsten I should work up into buffer weights, it's mostly drops from some turbine balancing weights we make but it's about the right diameter.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. In the end, the one who wins is the one who thinks he can! - SCI, NRA
Team Ranstad

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page