Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2001 11:22:11 AM EDT
Anybody have any experience with these red dot sights?  I have looked at them in catalogs, but not had the chance to try one.  I like open sights usually.  Would these be more or less accurate?
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#1]
A good iron sight shooter can be very accurate.So can a red dot.I have used them on rifle and pistol.On the rifle I have used them as both a scout and regular mount.They are very versatil.you can pick up a Tasco accudot 30mm for under 75.00 including tax.Id give one a try.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
My experience is that they are quicker on target but not as accurate. The ones I have tend to obscure the target at longer distances.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
You will really appreciate a red dot scope during dark conditions when you can no longer see your sights. During daylight, I can be just as accurate with iron sights, but not as fast. I can recommend the Aimpoint Comp M. It is a great scope. Much more durable than anything else I have seen.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I forgot.Make shure you get one with a 3 minute dot the others cover too much up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the tasco propoint on my FAL and it is quite accurate and fast on target aquisition. The only drawback is that it will drain a battery quickly even when shut off so carry several extra sets or get a scope that uses a fiberoptic and tritium sight combo so no batteries are needed.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a Oko for $125 I'm highly considering.
[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/accessories/oko.jpg[/img]

I would consider a Tasco, but keep getting picked on for having a Tasco scope, and they're chi-com not Taiwanese.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Tasco Acudot on my Ruger .22 pistol and can honestly say that it was one of the best investments I've made.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Turn the power down on that red dot till it is still visible but you can see your target through it. You will start hitting even with a 5 minute of angle dot because it is more like the principle used on a peep. The eye will naturally center the target in the circle. Try it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]
who sells the OKO for 125.oo i need one i want one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top