Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

[ARCHIVED THREAD] - This is Gladius!! (Page 1 of 2)

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page
9/23/2020 4:22:01 PM EDT
RMJ Tactical Gladius
CPM 3V steel, cerakoted, black G10 handle, leather scabbard.
27.75” overall
21.25” blade



9/23/2020 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
How much $$?
9/23/2020 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
9/23/2020 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats an expensive piece of décor
9/23/2020 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:
How much $$?
View Quote

A lot.
9/23/2020 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]
This is Gradius!!

9/23/2020 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I’d prefer something more authentic. The Roman short sword is definitely one of the most aesthetically pleasing swords.
9/23/2020 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice op, now practice with it
9/23/2020 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:

A lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much $$?

A lot.


$950 only 50 produced.
9/23/2020 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#9]
prefer the traditional samurai. Nice piece.
9/23/2020 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:


$950 only 50 produced.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much $$?

A lot.


$950 only 50 produced.


I get more use out of my $50 Qama.
9/23/2020 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks cool
9/23/2020 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#12]
What exactly would make a gladius tactical vs non tactical?
9/23/2020 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#13]
The finger grooves kill it for me.  The rest of it is awesome.
9/23/2020 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#14]
How does it work?



That is super cool, and I would like to have one.  I don't know how they work.  I would not EDC it -  probably hurt myself.
Nice decoration
9/23/2020 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History


Attached File
9/23/2020 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:
A lot.
View Quote
googled & went
9/23/2020 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
If you do not post vids of yourself in the backyard testing (attacking) on cardboard assailants and water bottles this will be the single biggest waste of sight resources to date,
Or, it can be an epic thread of legend......

Choice is yours op....




Edit; bonus points for tinfoil armor
9/23/2020 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Use a hay bale, and practice penetration as deep as you can go
9/23/2020 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:
If you do not post vids of yourself in the backyard testing (attacking) on cardboard assailants and water bottles this will be the single biggest waste of sight resources to date,
Or, it can be an epic thread of legend......

Choice is yours op....
View Quote


Don’t forget while wearing a lorica segmentata and scutum in your left hand.
9/23/2020 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Awesome blade
9/23/2020 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#21]
So cool.  I could never justify having one, but I'm glad somebody does.
9/23/2020 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:


$950 only 50 produced.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much $$?

A lot.


$950 only 50 produced.
 I realize its an aesthetic thing and all but that would buy a nice handgun, mags, holster and ammo. Which would be much more utilitarian and effective.
 Nice sword though. I have a Cold Steel Gladius Machete for ZPoc.
9/23/2020 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice blade.

Ignore the haters.  TESTUDO!
9/23/2020 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#24]
OP Looking to up his image

Attached File
9/23/2020 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#25]
When you get it, we need an unboxing video.

Hanwei Practical XL Katana Unveiling HD


9/23/2020 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:
 I realize its an aesthetic thing and all but that would buy a nice handgun, mags, holster and ammo. Which would be much more utilitarian and effective.
 Nice sword though. I have a Cold Steel Gladius Machete for ZPoc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much $$?

A lot.


$950 only 50 produced.
 I realize its an aesthetic thing and all but that would buy a nice handgun, mags, holster and ammo. Which would be much more utilitarian and effective.
 Nice sword though. I have a Cold Steel Gladius Machete for ZPoc.


I don't think this is targeted at the unarmed person who is looking for a cost-effective self-defense tool.

The person that buys this has multiple handguns, knives, etc.
9/23/2020 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#27]
We really need a way to place bets in threads like these.   Number of stitches would be a good one in this case.  
9/23/2020 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Learning to use different weapons is always a good thing, you never know.
9/23/2020 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:
Use a hay bale, and practice penetration as deep as you can go
View Quote



That will give you a sore dick!!
9/23/2020 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:
How does it work?



That is super cool, and I would like to have one.  I don't know how they work.  I would not EDC it -  probably hurt myself.
Nice decoration
View Quote


Work? LOL

9/23/2020 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah despite my no swords rule I want one
9/23/2020 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:
Yeah despite my no swords rule I want one
View Quote

They can be fun and good for exercise
9/23/2020 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I've got one on the way. All 50 sold out within an hour or so.

For real, this is the last blade I'm buying for a long while.

To be fair, I've wanted a gladius type sword since I first started buying expensive knives. But really, Busse and Miller Bros which are ridiculous on the secondary market, are the only ones I've liked.

I've settled for a couple of Zombie Tools swords. Just had my Father's Day Apokatana delivered a couple of weeks ago.

Then I saw the release of these last week, and told the wife I was going to try and get one, and that she could count it as my birthday present. I think she was just glad that I stopped talking about NVGs.

I've already got a couple of RMJ tomahawks. And a couple of their knives. And a throwing star... I'm seriously retarded.
9/23/2020 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Quoted:
How does it work?



That is super cool, and I would like to have one.  I don't know how they work.  I would not EDC it -  probably hurt myself.
Nice decoration
View Quote



9/23/2020 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Here you go.  Cooler looking and half the price.

Legionnaire
9/23/2020 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#36]
9/23/2020 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Quoted:
Yeah despite my no swords rule I want one
View Quote




"no swords rule".  


9/23/2020 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History

This is Gladys!!

Attached File
9/23/2020 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#39]
That looks awesome. 34 oz. is pretty heavy though.

Quoted:
What exactly would make a gladius tactical vs non tactical?
View Quote

G10 and Cerakote!!!
9/23/2020 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#40]
https://www.zombietools.net/
9/23/2020 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History

I love that game
9/23/2020 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Cool.

I do like their hawks -- would love to carry one into an antifa riot.
9/23/2020 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Quoted:

I do like their hawks -- would love to carry one into an antifa riot.
View Quote
With the price of ammo now, if the CW2 does boogaloo, the poors won't have a choice. It'll look more like gangs of new york than black hawk down.
9/23/2020 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#44]
I was hoping for a forging thread
9/23/2020 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:
That looks awesome. 34 oz. is pretty heavy though.


G10 and Cerakote!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
That looks awesome. 34 oz. is pretty heavy though.

Quoted:
What exactly would make a gladius tactical vs non tactical?

G10 and Cerakote!!!


Basically giant piece of stock removal heat treated steel. Or the kitchen knife style handle. When you combine the two comments.

9/23/2020 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Neat
9/23/2020 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Quoted:
With the price of ammo now, if the CW2 does boogaloo, the poors won't have a choice. It'll look more like gangs of new york than black hawk down.
View Quote


Dammit, too true. In the video of the Uhaul handing out signs in Louisville, some chick is walking up to it carrying a slugger...so they are getting ready for some brawls. We should accomodate them. But I'm just an old fat guy posting from my basement
9/23/2020 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:
I've got one on the way. All 50 sold out within an hour or so.

For real, this is the last blade I'm buying for a long while.

To be fair, I've wanted a gladius type sword since I first started buying expensive knives. But really, Busse and Miller Bros which are ridiculous on the secondary market, are the only ones I've liked.

I've settled for a couple of Zombie Tools swords. Just had my Father's Day Apokatana delivered a couple of weeks ago.

Then I saw the release of these last week, and told the wife I was going to try and get one, and that she could count it as my birthday present. I think she was just glad that I stopped talking about NVGs.

I've already got a couple of RMJ tomahawks. And a couple of their knives. And a throwing star... I'm seriously retarded.
View Quote

where were these for sale at?i never received a email from them about this
9/23/2020 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#49]
The Gladius is actually a very cool weapon and hell on wheels at close quarters, particularly in a shield wall.  Thrust hard and low.

John
9/23/2020 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:
I've got one on the way. All 50 sold out within an hour or so.

For real, this is the last blade I'm buying for a long while.

To be fair, I've wanted a gladius type sword since I first started buying expensive knives. But really, Busse and Miller Bros which are ridiculous on the secondary market, are the only ones I've liked.

I've settled for a couple of Zombie Tools swords. Just had my Father's Day Apokatana delivered a couple of weeks ago.

Then I saw the release of these last week, and told the wife I was going to try and get one, and that she could count it as my birthday present. I think she was just glad that I stopped talking about NVGs.

I've already got a couple of RMJ tomahawks. And a couple of their knives. And a throwing star... I'm seriously retarded.
View Quote



You did good kid.


3v is the way to go with swords.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page

[ARCHIVED THREAD] - This is Gladius!! (Page 1 of 2)