Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 5:00:54 AM EDT
Thursday Nov. 27, 2003; 10:28 p.m. EST
Bush Thrills Troops, Hillary Doesn't

While 600 G.I.s leapt to their feet at the sight of President Bush appearing onstage in Baghdad to praise their service and share their Thanksgiving, soldiers at Bagram Air Force base in Afghanistan seemed considerably less enthusiastic to have New York Sen. Hillary Clinton in their midst.

"The G.I.s here at the Bagram base were reasonably excited, I think it's fair to say, to see the former first lady," reported Fox News Channel's Geraldo Rivera.

But in the next breath Rivera added, "They were even more impressed with their turkey dinner."

An African-American female G.I. seconded the Fox reporter's assessment, agreeing that the food was more of a morale booster than Mrs. Clinton. Another female soldier at the table concurred.

Meanwhile, back in Baghdad soldiers couldn't say enough about their encounter with their Commander-in-Chief.

"I was totally shocked," one female G.I. told Fox News. "It was a wonderful moment. I think everyone there was so overjoyed just to see the president."

A male soldier told Fox that Bush's visit "really meant a lot to me personally, as I know it did to a lot of the other soldiers, that the Commander-in-Chief was here in person to talk to us on this day when he should be with his family . . . And here in Iraq, the first time ever that a U.S. president's been here."

The New York Democrat has lately taken to accusing President Bush of not appreciating soldiers' sacrifices, and even covering-up battlefield casualties.

Three weeks ago Sen. Clinton secretly visited wounded soliders at Walter Reed Army Hospital, then told Democrats gathered in Iowa that the troops she met were paying the price for Bush's "failed policy" in Iraq.

Clinton also has a spot airing on MSNBC this weekend where she delivers a Thanksgiving message of appreciation to the troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Edited to add: Thanks to newsmax for this article.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Which one took the greatest chance of dying in order to see the troops in Iraq?  I know that there is still fighting in Afghanistan, but that's apples and oranges compared to Baghdad.  Bush could have easily been shot down had one of the modern-day skinnys in Iraq spotted his plane and gathered a few militants to fire away at it on takeoff.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:42:11 AM EDT
[#2]
No self respecting terrorist would harm Mrs. Clinton, the terrorists need as many as her type in power over here as possible.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:05:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Her "husband" should have gone with her - he could have played the saxophone for the troops.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Her "husband" should have gone with her - he could have played the saxophone for the troops.
View Quote

Skin Flute
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thursday Nov. 27, 2003; 10:28 p.m. EST
Bush Thrills Troops, Hillary Doesn't

But in the next breath Rivera added, "They were even more impressed with their turkey dinner."
View Quote

More impressed with a turkey dinner than the turkey who came to visit, that makes sense!

Three weeks ago Sen. Clinton secretly visited wounded soliders at Walter Reed Army Hospital, then told Democrats gathered in Iowa that the troops she met were paying the price for Bush's "failed policy" in Iraq.

Clinton also has a spot airing on MSNBC this weekend where she delivers a Thanksgiving message of appreciation to the troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Edited to add: Thanks to newsmax for this article.
View Quote

I seriously doubt that any REAL terrorist who was TRULY connected with the Al Quaida or any other bona fide terrorist network would lift a finger to harm [b]Hitlery[/b] out of fear of punishment from their leaders. The Klintons are the best friends the terrorists ever had.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#6]
IIRC all the T's they arrested in Buffalo wer registered Dem's.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#7]
This one is still alive?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Hillary is the REAL terrorist, I noticed the breaking news report didn't mention hillary though, maybe it was just a seattle thing. surprised me either way.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which one took the greatest chance of dying in order to see the troops in Iraq?  I know that there is still fighting in Afghanistan, but that's apples and oranges compared to Baghdad.  Bush could have easily been shot down had one of the modern-day skinnys in Iraq spotted his plane and gathered a few militants to fire away at it on takeoff.  
View Quote

Actually, I believe Hitlery took the biggest risk. I am surpised that one of the troops didn't open up on her and then say, "Oh, SORRY, I thought she was Al Queda!" I wonder if any of them thought about telling her off?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Hillary  
is
a
PIG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top