[ARCHIVED THREAD] - Android phones suck.. (Page 1 of 4)
|
LoL cost aside My shitty android phone allows me to put icons whereever the fuck I want customize EVERYTHING been makin' folders since 2008 download and install any app I fucking want without approval from my apple overlords. not have to jailbreak my phone to do anything cool not have to buy a fucking dongle to plug in things oh look removable storage, so I don't get raped for the larger storage size option (I guess we will discuss cost lol) |
|
Quoted:
Iphone is like a idiot proof smart phone. |
|
Quoted:
LoL cost aside My shitty android phone allows me to put icons whereever the fuck I want customize EVERYTHING been makin' folders since 2008 download and install any app I fucking want without approval from my apple overlords. not have to jailbreak my phone to do anything cool not have to buy a fucking dongle to plug in things oh look removable storage, so I don't get raped for the larger storage size option (I guess we will discuss cost lol) |
|
Quoted: Have you ever tried to start one up right out of the box? We were issued some I-phone 5 cell phones from the office several years ago (before I retired) and they had some techs representing Apple that came to our office to "show" us how to start them up and the programming that had to be done before we could use them. It was complicated as heck. I vowed after that bad experience that I'd never buy a personal I-phone and I never have. I bought an LG G3 when I retired and it was fairly easy to set up right out of the box. A lot easier than that I-phone abortion. If you think Apple setup is complicated, you might be actually retarded. |
|
Quoted:
LoL cost aside My shitty android phone allows me to put icons whereever the fuck I want customize EVERYTHING been makin' folders since 2008 download and install any app I fucking want without approval from my apple overlords. not have to jailbreak my phone to do anything cool not have to buy a fucking dongle to plug in things oh look removable storage, so I don't get raped for the larger storage size option (I guess we will discuss cost lol) And my iPhone is reliable and virus free. |
|
Quoted:
Replace battery... Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL cost aside My shitty android phone allows me to put icons whereever the fuck I want customize EVERYTHING been makin' folders since 2008 download and install any app I fucking want without approval from my apple overlords. not have to jailbreak my phone to do anything cool not have to buy a fucking dongle to plug in things oh look removable storage, so I don't get raped for the larger storage size option (I guess we will discuss cost lol) I didn't include that since the newer phones seem to be going that way (non removable) |
|
Quoted:
@PCBliss I didn't include that since the newer phones seem to be going that way (non removable) Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL cost aside My shitty android phone allows me to put icons whereever the fuck I want customize EVERYTHING been makin' folders since 2008 download and install any app I fucking want without approval from my apple overlords. not have to jailbreak my phone to do anything cool not have to buy a fucking dongle to plug in things oh look removable storage, so I don't get raped for the larger storage size option (I guess we will discuss cost lol) I didn't include that since the newer phones seem to be going that way (non removable) |
|
I used to hate on apple ALL THE TIME for their monopolistic yuppie shit they peddled at a 200% premium. Had a top of the line powerbook laptop I got for free and hated it so much I had to sell it. I hated Apple. Then I broke my Samsung android only one year into a two year contract (back when you used to get a cheap upgrade every two years). Replacing my Samsung was going to be like $300+ so I bought the CHEAPEST smartphone I could... which turned out to be a refurbished iphone4 for like $90. Yeah, it was 2 generations old at the time, but it was pretty decent and shit just plain worked. All the time. That was 3 years ago. I had it for the year remaining on my contract year and when it was time to upgrade I got the iphone6 for $1 on black Friday two years ago (when the iphone7 was being released). So it too was a previous generation iPhone. And it just plain worked. I also got 2 years of apple care. 100% worth it. They replaced my screen on that iPhone6 a year ago and then about a month ago replaced THE WHOLE PHONE. I only had like 2 months left on my AppleCare and they flat out gave me a brand new iphone6 because the navigation/location was getting a little bit buggy. They said they could diagnose the claimed issue and fix it but I'd have to leave it for a couple days at the apple store... or we can replace it free of charge with a brand new phone. Now I won't have to upgrade this thing for another year or two. Apple might be a bunch of yuppie fart-sniffing shitheads - but damn if I don't like their iPhones. |
| And the best thing about Android is that you get all those great ads because Google knows every keystroke you make as well as the content of every message and email you receive and the location and time of every place you go so they know exactly what you need. |
|
Quoted:
And the best thing about Android is that you get all those great ads because Google knows every keystroke you make as well as the content of every message and email you receive and the location and time of every place you go so they know exactly what you need.
|
|
I seriously don't get Apple. My Galaxy S5 has soldiered on and is continuing to soldier on now that I replaced the battery. I can configure it with widgets so that I don't have to hunt for simple things like looking up the weather, I can download music directly to the phone without going through that shitty iTunes program, and I can even us it as an external hard drive to bring my work files home with me. There are a dozen reasons why my phone is my own R2-D2. In the meantime Apple phones have the exact same interface they've always had. The only reason why people have the insane need to upgrade their perfectly good phones is because it's fashionable among the millenials. |
|
Quoted:
LoL cost aside My shitty android phone allows me to put icons whereever the fuck I want customize EVERYTHING been makin' folders since 2008 download and install any app I fucking want without approval from my apple overlords. not have to jailbreak my phone to do anything cool not have to buy a fucking dongle to plug in things oh look removable storage, so I don't get raped for the larger storage size option (I guess we will discuss cost lol) |
[ARCHIVED THREAD] - Android phones suck.. (Page 1 of 4)
Join the Community
Your next conversation starts here.
Create your free account to join discussions, share your experience, save topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.
- Join discussions
- Follow topics and replies
- Connect with fellow enthusiasts
Already a member? Sign in
Stay informed by subscribing to our Newsletter


