Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/4/2003 12:03:34 PM EDT
Looking for a new one, I am leaning towards a Huskavarna, but sheesh, $285 OUCH...... found a Poulin Pro, but it is very heavy.. This wil be my 4th, and when I add up the $$$$ I have allready spent around $200 on the last 3, so my thinking just go ahead and spend the bucks on one......
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:19:39 PM EDT
Buy one that uses a Zehoha. This is the same motor that they use for R/C cars, boats,planes and the GoPed. By far the best 23cc money can buy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:42:17 PM EDT
23cc??? reverse those numbers! buy no less than a 32cc machine. the bigger, the better. .095"-.105" line as a minimum. the heavier the line the longer it lasts and bigger trash it knocks down. don't worry too much about the weight. like a rifle and it's sling, a good padded harness distributes the weight comfortably. my favs are sthil, echo and the old mcchullochs. buy a straight shaft, with a driveshaft in the tube (not a flexible drive shaft). find one with grease fittings/ports.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:49:34 PM EDT
I threw a straight shaft Still in a camp fire. Could never keep that POS running after it got hot. It went back to the dealer until he got sick of seeing me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:03:11 PM EDT
I got a WeedEater FeatherLite. Real light weight [:D] starts easy, cost about $40. Bought it about 5 years ago. Real happy with it. Had a big heavy Echo about 10 years ago. I like this WeedEater better. [):)] ED
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:13:25 PM EDT
Top Top