Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2003 8:03:27 PM EDT
I have decided to start saving up now.  I dont think full auto is my thing just yet.  SILENCERS ARE MY THING!  When I am 21 I want to get a SIG 220 w/ a Silencer. What kind of hoops will I need to expect, and what kind of prices will I be dealing with. Can I even get a silencer for a P220?

Edited to say: BTW I am currently 18 if you wanted to know that. So I have a while to save up! [:P]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
legal section?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
whoops...sorry.  Although I am just generally talking about this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Go full auto first. Silencer prices are stable, MGs go up 10-25% per year.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive got 2 more years, and then Im getting that suppressed Ruger 10/22 Ive always wanted. Right after I move out of Iowa
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
You need a good paying job now...start saving.

Edited to add:  Bring plenty of ammo to the farm this weekend and I'll change your mind about the silencer before mg.

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You need a good paying job now...start saving.

Edited to add:  Bring plenty of ammo to the farm this weekend and I'll change your mind about the silencer before mg.

View Quote

I'm gotta hold ya to that! [;D]

I'm leaving Houston today at 4ish....should make the farm around 12am or 1am
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Cit,

Remember, it's a SUPRESSOR, not a SILENCER.  ;)  

And some of the guys are right... Full auto stuff gets more expensive every year, most the pity.   Supressors seem pretty stable.

I want to get a integrally supressed barrel on a 10/22 sometime... maybe one to put on my M4gery after the ban sunsets and I can thread the barrel.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
They're stable pricewise (like SBR's and SBS's) because they're still allowed to be made new.  MGs are finite.

Alex
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top