Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2003 6:01:15 AM EDT
I'm tired of you people whining that black people have "black pride" but if white people had "white pride" they would be called racists!

Here you are a bunch of gunowners crying into a computer, "They have black pride, but we can't have white pride!  It's not fair!" [>(]

Down the road from me is an Irish club.  I doubt there are many black people there.

Farther on down the road is the Polish Falcons clubhouse and bar.  I doubt there are black people there too.

Yesterday I saw a girl with a T-Shirt that said, "Kiss me, I'm Italian"

When I was in Cleveland, I heard a radio program in Slovak and also saw someone wearing a shirt that said, "Proud to be Slovak" and it had a graphic of the American and Slovakian flag.

Probably the worst case of racism I witnessed though was the Irish festival I went to last year!  These arrogant assholes dedicated a full 3 days to "celebrating their Irish heritage" with food, music, crafts and so on.  Sure it's OK for the Irish people to have an "Irish" festival, but let the black people have their own fashion magazine called [i]Ebony[/i] and all of a sudden the world's going to end.

You wouldn't believe that Irish festival I went to.  They even had their little kids, I'm talking 6-7 years old and the kids were dressed in these traditional Irish clothes and they were dancing gigues and other traditional Irish dances.  I say if they don't like American culture, send 'em back to Ireland!

Edit to add: What if a local ethnic organization like a Polish or Irish or German club raises money for a scholarship every year only to be given to people connected with their ethnicity, like a scholarship for the best bratwurst for the Germans or something.  Is that as racist as the United Negro College fund?

-Nick Viejo! [devil]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I am white, I have white pride! English blood flows through my veins, and I am damn proud of it! Before my grandfather died, he spent 15 years researching "Radcliffe's" in the Rawtenstall area of England, in order to find the origin of the people who share our last name. We as Americans have the right to celebrate our heritage. Blacks or African Americans, where the first people to add their origins to a politically correct lineup of classification by ethnicity. I certainly do not go around calling myself an English American. Quite simply, I am an American, and damn proud of it! However, I am sick and tired of the constant efforts by government, to make laws that give certain advantages to minorities.
Affirmitive Blacktion has weakened the tried and true American way of the best man for the job, gets the job! Irish, Italian, English and many other people have created the U.S.A. we know today. Reverse racism runs more rampant in society today, but nobody recognizes it as such!
In an attempt to level the playing field for the disadvantaged, we have screwed white people in middle class America.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
 I say if they don't like American culture, send 'em back to Ireland!
View Quote

I agree, but the overwhelming number of Irish want to be American, and have adopted American culture, and principles. Ya don't hear them whining all the time for handouts. The Irish, didn't ask the supreme court to put them in the lines in front of anyone else, either.

Edit to add: What if a local ethnic organization like a Polish or Irish or German club raises money for a scholarship every year only to be given to people connected with their ethnicity, like a scholarship for the best bratwurst for the Germans or something.  Is that as racist as the United Negro College fund?

-Nick Viejo! [devil]
View Quote

You can "what if" all ya wanna. If that irishman is in line behind a black, he can forget it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#3]
If everyone in America "went back to where they came from" the country would be empty. Not counting the American Indians.
AB
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I am American.

I have American Pride.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If everyone in America "went back to where they came from" the country would be empty. Not counting the American Indians.
AB
View Quote

Don't kid yourself. As far as they can tell the Indians are Asian's with itchy feet.

Liberty 86 hit the nail on the head, & Tactical Jew is exactly right. AMERICAN pride.
When John Wayne said were all Americans or were nothing, they (the news media) labeled him a nut case.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]
That's all fine and dandy, but when "black pride" is used, it's for blacks only.  I've seen black Irish, I've seen black Germans etc.  I think that's where it stems.  If you're black and you're Irish you can celebrate with them.  Yep, I'm shutting up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Irish, Polish, German, Russian, etc.... are not a "race". They are all nationalities who's people are considered "white".
You are confusing national pride with racial pride.
The point is, why is it not acceptable to have a NAAWP, or united white college fund or to be able to express pride in the white race without being labeled a hate monger or racist.
If blacks do the same thing, they are just taking pride in their race.
Yet another double standard.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can my daughters (white) enter a Miss Black America beauty pageant?

View Quote

They can enter, but all the black male judges will be hitting on them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#12]
there is a huge difference between  national pride and race pride. irish clubs,  proud to be italian, polish pride is not the same as whit pride

you would have to compare that to " proud to be watusi" or "ethiopion eaters club"

the point about black pride is that  all blacks no mattter what country in africa they are from are lumping together, where as your points of seperate white pride orginazations is just that seperate.

and another thing, if they are called african american, why are not  white's called euro american??

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Wasn't it Teddy Roosevelt that said there is no place in this world for a hyphenated American, We are all Americans, or we are nothing?
I used to do phone surveys. We always had to ask demographics questions at the end. I did one with an elderly black women in South Chicago who answered the race question, American. I asked, " would that be African American, Asian American etc, etc, etc." She said "Well I've never been to Africa, or Asia, or none of those places. But I live here. So I'm an American. Color of my skin don't mean a damn thing to me, shouldn't mean a damn thing to anybody else neither. You answer that question how I told you. AMERICAN!" I told her that's how I felt too. I was 24, she was 82. WTF is white pride? It's a pussified version of white power. Do not get skin color and ethnicity confused. I am of Scottish and Norwegian descent. Of this I am proud. No one will make me ashamed no matter how hard they try. My great, great, grandfather fought for the Confederacy, was captured at Cold Harbor and killed in a train wreck in Elmyra, NY. I will never be ashamed of him, or the cause of states rights. He wasn't a slave owner, hell he was barely a land owner. But he faught for what he thought was right. For that I am proud. Am I proud of the lack of melanin in my skin? Nope. Do I think its silly for others to be proud of the high content in theirs? Yep. But you see they were made to feel inferior for a couple hundered years, at least, because of the color of their skin. Some say 400 years, but I think thats a bit of a stretch. That's gonna put a chip on anyboby's shoulder. Hell the Scot's are still "kinda pissed, but not really" at the English over stuff that happened almost 1,000 years ago.
As far as affirmitive action goes, check this theory out. Ok, you gotta guy who won't hire blacks. So then the Government steps in and says, "you have to hire x number of blacks" now does this guy want merit based hiring, or quota based? Remember he didn't want to hire them in the first place. You get the point? Affirmitive action helps the white racist as much as the black racist.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I consider myself an American even though this wasn't America when my family came here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top