Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/23/2003 8:24:22 PM EDT
Shoots high & to the left at 50 yards - very high. Like every time. Doesn't matter if I use the OKO Red Dot only. Or the iron sights (front post + flattop rear tactical carry handle). I've tried this with the front post raised all the way, w/ all the OKO adjustments I can. I've damn near had better luck just using the front sight post! Can the front sight post be screwed up? The rear carry handle? Plz help!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:29:58 PM EDT
The Armory is a good place to have you gun fixed.......try there Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:54:52 PM EDT
If you are consistantly having them high and left then I would say either your sight picture needs work or you might have too much of your trigger finger on the trigger and the butt stock might be riding to low on your shoulder and as you are getting your sight picture you might be causing it to lower the butt which will raise the muzzle and the slightest movement such as taking a deep breath could cause a big enough difference to always make you off and if you always try to use the same technique when shooting then that would explain why you are always high and left. Just my to cents, but it is definately not a messed up front sight post as you get the same results with the OKO so I say it is something with your technique.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:37:09 PM EDT
It may sound simplistic, but try shooting off a sandbag for sighters. Make sure the tip of the front post is centered in the rear aperture, and make sure you aren't disturbing the lay of the rifle as you squeeze the trigger until the shot breaks. If you are shooting properly, I would check that your barrel index pin is in the reciever slot and the barrel is torqued properly. Also, if you have a flash hider, if it is loose it will do all kinds of screwy things.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:55:02 PM EDT
So will a flashhider drilled off-center.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:44:13 PM EDT
Put that rifle in a vise and PUUUUUUULLLLL and Bend that barrel into place... whats the problem? Seriously though, I have a stupid question... did you recently take it all the way apart... maybe something isnt sitting right.
Top Top