Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2016 12:36:25 PM EDT
It's offering $50 for just signing up, is there any reason that someone should not apply?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. If you buy a lot of stuff on Amazon, it really makes a difference.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one.   If you buy a lot from Amazon its worth it. 
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What they said
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
It works well if you make a lot purchases from Amazon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]
We have one and love it.  We put a few grand a month across the card and pay it off in full a couple times a month.  The rewards add up fast as we buy a LOT from amazon.

We pay every bill with the card except for the mortgage.  We would pay the mortgage with it if they would let us use a credit card.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
We use it all the time. At this point, almost all of my small purchases on Amazon (and there are a lot of them) are made with reward points.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
It is an easy rewards card to use.  When you purchase something you get prompted if you want to apply your rewards.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This ^^^

I got my $50 bucks
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
What they said above
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's offering $50 for just signing up, is there any reason that someone should not apply?
View Quote

I shop online alot, i've had the rewards card for many years and use it for pretty much all daily purchases, bills etc. I get a nice refund at the end of each month in rewards cash. Its a great card if you carry a zero balance every month.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you guys want to explain the steps involved to redeem rewards?  It isn't just a simple "apply rewards to my purchase" at checkout.  My g/f had one, it wasn't listed as the default billing card and they autobilled a prime membership to it.  She had some rewards but they wanted her to jump through multiple hoops to get the reward. We shut the card down.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#12]
For Amazon purchases, we use the Amazon store card.  5% off all purchases.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Do you guys want to explain the steps involved to redeem rewards?  It isn't just a simple "apply rewards to my purchase" at checkout.  My g/f had one, it wasn't listed as the default billing card and they autobilled a prime membership to it.  She had some rewards but they wanted her to jump through multiple hoops to get the reward. We shut the card down.  
View Quote

Select use points to pay for this purchase when you buy anything on amazon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

It has always been super-easy for me. At check-out when it prompts you for your billing method choose the Amazon rewards card and underneath it shows if there are any reward dollars available to use. You just check the box next to the reward dollars if you want to use them. Easy-peasy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

No clue what she was doing, but it's incredibly simple.

Buy stuff.

Earn rewards.

Use rewards to buy things on Amazon, or get a statement credit.

The account your Prime membership is billed to is separate from the ones you make purchases with.  But you can set them to the same card.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I use the card for all purchases, and try to put big purchases like windows and electronics on it. Between that and covering Bing searches to Amazon gifts, I was able to save about $500 on Christmas gifts this year.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Buy stuff.
Earn rewards.

The account your Prime membership is billed to is separate from the ones you make purchases with.  But you can set them to the same card.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy stuff.
Earn rewards.

It's as easy as clicking use points.  I buy pretty much everything with my rewards card and should have enough rewards to get a free XBOX Scorpio when it comes out a year from now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Eh, right now Discover is doing 5%.  Seems like half the year they offer this deal.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I've applied, not sure how long it will take.
I don't have bad credit, I just have a short history.
And I've never had a credit card.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea this
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I love mine, worth it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Where do you see the $50?  Says $40 for me...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep same here
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Where do you see the $50?  Says $40 for me...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It has always been super-easy for me. At check-out when it prompts you for your billing method choose the Amazon rewards card and underneath it shows if there are any reward dollars available to use. You just check the box next to the reward dollars if you want to use them. Easy-peasy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you have to sign up with a 3rd party site first?  I told her I saw screen shots showing what you said, using the points.  She didn't have that option on her screen, then she was directed to a 3rd party site to sign up and request the rewards.  Maybe after that it would have linked the accounts and then been built in but it wasn't immediately avilable for her.

What bothered me was we put her card on my account and used it once, for the Amazon Echo discount.  After that they just auto billed the prime membership even though the card wasn't the default.  Had I not noticed that my Prime membership was renewed we never would have known that charge was put on that card and she would have gotten late fees.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#28]

It offers different amounts based on something.  I got $70
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Decent card, use it just for amazon purchases, maybe 5 purchases a year. $50 worth of free purchases, why not.

Edit, mine is through Chase.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Get the Amazon Store Card, not the Amazon Rewards Visa.

The Store Card is 5% cash back instead of 3% for the visa.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#32]
edit
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Get both?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So why get the credit card over the STORE CARD:

https://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/storecardmember?_encoding=UTF8&plattr=PLCCGNO

Get both?

I'm confused; if the store card isn't credit....how does it work?  Do you have to load money on it? Cuz that would be dumb.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Been tempted.  I purchase a lot of shit on Amazon and should probably pick one up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

2 reasons Bill Burr see Youtube joke on "stupid cards" and "member numbers" and Hillary for Prez + gun control- Washington Post but hey 32 billionaires makes it hard to be an idealist consumer today so do whatever http://www.businessinsider.com/how-the-washington-post-changed-after-jeff-bezos-acquisition-2016-5
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#37]
I use mine, I spend about 500 a month on amazon. So I get free orders with my points all the time.
I pay it every 2 weeks so I never carry a balance.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#38]
i got one just for the gift card, never used it so far.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What they said
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What they said

Yep - and call to cancel after the first year and they will "talk you out of it" with a free year.

So i've heard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Can you get real cash money, like a check?
Or are the rewards only good for Amazon purchases?

I have the Amazon Store Card, but it gives 5% statements credits on your monthly bill. No cash.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Its Chase. Chase is evil. Don't do it.

You have been warned.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Life lesson. Don't use your rewards points to buy stuff. Give yourself cash or statement credits back. Then use that money to earn more rewards. With Amazon rewards card, you put $100 in rewards back to your account and spend that $100 on Amazon and you get another 3% back. $100 becomes $103.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Amazon Visa rewards is my dads go to card for everything. He racks up the points and uses them to buy electronics from Amazon. He buys everything from gas to hammers with it. When he goes online there is an option to use then points when making an Amazon buy. He normally saves them for big purchase.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For Amazon purchases, we use the Amazon store card.  5% off all purchases.
View Quote

I just finished signing dad up for one of those about a week ago. "If I am going to watch Gene Autry I might as well get a 5% back on my purchase." He just recently figured out how to use the Amazon Prime to rent movies....and he likes old westerns that he can not get anywhere else.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#46]
We use for everything then use the points to pay for Christmas presents.  We haven't actually paid for a Christmas present for the kids in 3 years
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Can you get real cash money, like a check?
Or are the rewards only good for Amazon purchases?

I have the Amazon Store Card, but it gives 5% statements credits on your monthly bill. No cash.
View Quote

I have the amazon visa, but never use it at amazon (3%).  I use the Amazon store card to get 5% back (must have Prime to get the 5%).
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I just signed up and got one today - like has been said, I buy a LOT of shit on Amazon, so it's a no-brainer.

I'll just use it for everything and pay it off every month, then 'free' stuff on Amazon.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just signed up and got one today - like has been said, I buy a LOT of shit on Amazon, so it's a no-brainer.

I'll just use it for everything and pay it off every month, then 'free' stuff on Amazon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

as mentioned above, don't use your points to buy directly from Amazon.  get cash back first and then use the card to make a purchase from amazon.

Quoted:
Life lesson. Don't use your rewards points to buy stuff. Give yourself cash or statement credits back. Then use that money to earn more rewards. With Amazon rewards card, you put $100 in rewards back to your account and spend that $100 on Amazon and you get another 3% back. $100 becomes $103.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

The best way to use points is to redeem for cash back, because you don't earn any points if you use points to buy.

I switched to the Amazon Store Card. 5% off on Amazon. I have other credit cards with better cash back on other categories.

ETA: you redeem for statement credits through the Chase Bank online portal.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Top Top