Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2003 6:20:56 PM EDT
Hello everyone.  I have been reading on this forum for about 6 months or so, and usually I can find what I am looking for by using the search feature, but this time I didn't have any luck.  Basically, does anybody at all know what the "catch" is with flashco inc.?  For those not familure; in shotgun news they advertise ".25 CAL. MOVIE QUALITY GUNS".  According to their advertisment and web page, for example, you can purchase a "MP5 A5" semi-auto "assault rifle" for $79.95 if you are 18 yrs or older.  They also advertise, "FULL AUTOS" MP5 SD's, M-4, AK-47...etc. for about $350 or so.  So basically any of us can purchase a fully automatic .25 caliber weapon WITHOUT even so much as an FFL?!  On another forum I read, someone called them and found out that the guns are made of metal, they are not air-guns (they are rimfire), they use somekind of obsolete .25 cal. rounds.  Obviously there is a catch SOMEWHERE.  I checked their website and they pretty much just sell useless junk, but I figured what the hell, I would just ask around and see what people know about this.  If for some reason its at least worth the $80 to just plink with, I may purchase one.  Well, thanks for any ifo.

the website is www.flashdistributor.com
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

the website is [url]www.flashdistributor.com [/url]
View Quote

I'm at their website, and don't see any mention of it.  Sounds like airsoft guns, though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
[noclue]  [:K]   [50]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
click on their catalog link, its in pdf format.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
there Airsofts and IRC SteryAug got ripped off hard from them almost 2 years ago.

Stay far far away from them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#5]
yup... just looked at the catalog, and it's all airsoft stuff.  In case you aren't familiar with them, they use compressed air like BB guns, only they shoot 6mm hollow plastic pellets... which is why a case of 1000 pellets is only $10.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah, I'm familiar with airsoft....I own one; they are quit fun to mess around with.  the advertisement threw me off when they were talking about hollow point rounds.  I cant believe these turds actually advertise them to be used as "protetection" and that you recieve a "free concealed weapons permit" when one of these things are purchased.  Anyway, thanks for the info guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top