Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 7:37:37 PM EDT
Hello,

I am attempting to build a replica, 1:1 scale of an M16A2, just for fun. :)

I was wondering what the approximate lenght, width and height of a 30 round magazine?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one right at hand, but they are about 5/8 to 3/4" thick, and about 2.30" wide and length is a little tricky because the base curves.  Might be a good idea to invest 10 bucks in a beat up one and measure it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
A replica made of what? Why don't you just build an AR15?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the site, Azhrarn.

Ahh... I remember [i]my[/i] first day...
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Now I dont really give a shit but couldnt ATF consider this conspiracy of manufacturing post ban mags and therefore making this a bad idea?

I know its not hard to get the dimensions.
Its just a serious question. I know the feds have pulled big bullshit convictions. Im just wondering if anyone has heard of something like this sticking
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies!

I would love to buy one, but I live in Canada. I can get a box of shotgun shells pretty easy tho. hehe
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I live in Canada.
View Quote

Azhrarn
[b][red]USA[/red][/b]

[>:/]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
ARndog- didn't you hear that the provinces are now de facto states?  We just haven't gotten around to adding the stars yet!

[rofl]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmm... sorry, thought I set that to Canada.

We're essentially the same, 'cept you guys are allowed real guns, and toy guns that look like real guns.

Around here, all we get are shotguns and with the right permits I can put 2, yes, count them you jealous gun zealots, TWO shells in the gun at once! Beat that!

Not that I'm mocking our government, but come on already...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top