Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 6:20:11 AM EDT
[red][b]you spell hypocrite S c h u m e r[/b][red]

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2003/5/14/172817[/url]

[size=4]Gun Controller Schumer Has Armed Bodyguard [/size=4]

Posted 5/15/2003 from Newsmax printer friendly version

"The Senate's leading gun control advocate, Sen. Charles Schumer - who's currently pressuring the White House to extend the 1994 assault weapons ban - travels with an armed bodyguard, NewsMax.com has learned.

Questions arose Wednesday morning about the gun opponent's security arrangements after the New York Post's Cindy Adams mentioned in her column that Schumer appeared at a recent event with a bodyguard in tow.

A quick call to Schumer's office confirmed that the man guarding the Senate's No. 1 gun controller was packing heat.
'He's a New York police detective,' the senator's spokesman revealed to NewsMax. When asked whether Schumer's detective was indeed armed, the spokesman replied, 'I would imagine so.'

Sensing a public relations problem in the making, the senator's spokesman explained that his boss 'believes in the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms.'

'So I don't think there's anything inconsistent about it,' he insisted.

In recent days, Sen. Schumer has mounted a campaign to get the White House to actively press Republicans in Congress to back an extension of the 1994 assault weapons ban, which he sponsored."

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/SCHUMER.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:41:52 AM EDT
[#4]
What a fuckstick.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]
n-o-r-m-a-n-7-4
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh no, it's not hypocrisy.

Schumer is a collectivist, but someone has to be [b]in charge[/b] of the collective, and that person in charge has to be protected from the rabble, the little people, who make his life of ease possible.

Who more than a liberal senator, who relies on others with guns to take money from those who earned it to fund his collectivist schemes, needs armed protection?
View Quote

Yep, took the words out of my mouth. The armed body guard make a lot of perverse sense.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Look, you guys just have to come to terms with the fact that our lives are not worth protecting.  However, liberal elitist defecrats are essential to the functioning of our political system and so special privileges for them are understandable.

What am I saying?????????  Sorry, I was suffering from a momentary case of the stupids.  However, I think that's how he (and DiFi, Hitlery, et al) would look at it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#8]
TitaniumT [:D]

[;)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Charles Schumer/Carl Schumberg. What's the difference?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Well it seems lately I spell it "quite a few AR15.com members" When discussing any other amendment or right other than the right to bear arms.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Din't DiFi actually have TWO CCW guns then turn one in during a gun buy back program as some grandiose(sp) stunt in stupidity? Not realizing that even us dumb hick gun owners can read public records and find out she had a second one?
Remember when Teddy K's bodyguard got nicked for carrying an unliscenced classIII on the Capitol grounds or some such?
"Some animals are just MORE equal than others"
Animal Farm: By George Orwell.
Pigs, they're all pigs.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#12]
[url]http://www.2ampd.net/Articles/difiElitist.htm[/url]

Reckless Feinstein Sweeps Crowd with AK-47 The story U.S. Senator Feinstein was promoting at the anti-gun news conference made all the big papers and TV networks. But you had to be there to see the incident that stole the show.

Forth Worth Star-Telegram columnist Jill Labbe wrote, “Guns (are) nowhere as dangerous as liberals who can’t handle them. There stood Dianne Feinstein, the anti-gun senator from California, posing for all the nation’s media to capture on Kodachrome, holding an AK-47 with her finger firmly planted on the trigger. Here’s a woman so concerned about the supposed recklessness of gun manufacturers…who wouldn’t know firearm safety if it bit her in the end of her upturned San Franciscan nose.”

The reporters, dignitaries and innocent bystanders packed into the room were too ignorant to be terrified as Feinstein swept the crowd with the muzzle of the automatic rife, bold closed, finger on the trigger, high-capacity magazine locked in place.

San Francisco resident William A. Levinson wrote a certified letter to Mayor Willie Brown, Jr., demanding legal action against the blatant gun safety violations of the illustrious “Ms. Gun Control,” who holds a rare California concealed weapons permit.

When asked earlier why she carried that .38 Smith & Wesson concealed in her purse while promoting gun control for the rest of us, Feinstein answered, “I know the urge to arm yourself because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. I’d walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me.”

Only a couple of months earlier, however, Feinstein had gone on 60 Minutes to announce, “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an out-right ban…I would have done it.”

AMERICA’S 1ST FREEDOM
Official Journal of the National Rifle Association
The Latest From www.NRALive.com, page 20
June, 2000
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well it seems lately I spell it "quite a few AR15.com members" When discussing any other amendment or right other than the right to bear arms.
View Quote

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671723650/qid=1053128196/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/103-2291111-5114256[/url]

[img]http://lookinside-images.amazon.com/Qffs+v35leqdki1M0PfLwFV0kiG6r86dty4qxowiZwrH5H0fXfaQnFuZWcmewVMXxoxse3aEBnI=[/img]

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#14]
[nana]

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Why is a NY Detective protecting a Senator, when the US Captiol Police are charged w/ that duty by the Senate?  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

In this case it is spelled N-E-O-C-O-N.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:03:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In this case it is spelled N-E-O-C-O-N.
View Quote

And I spell anyone who uses the term "neocon" I-D-I-O-T.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top